cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #11
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
First how hot is she. Does she look anything like my girl friend? I chose to have her picture in my avon and I trust it hasn't detracted from the board spirit.
Your girlfriend sells Avon? What does that have to do with anything?
Old 09-14-2007, 04:49 PM   #12
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

avon = old people talk for avatar, I think.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:52 PM   #13
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Donuthole View Post
Some of you already know that I'm teaching early morning seminary this year for my first time. The early mornings suck, but I really enjoy teaching the scriptures to these kids, and I enjoy the personal study I put in to prepare the lessons.

My dilemma is that I have a young lady in my class that is constantly wearing immodest shirts. She's one of the more attractive young women in the class, and is the typical "only 16 but looks like she's 22" girl. Some days are worse than others, and it really wasn't that much of a problem until yesterday. But yesterday, the shirt she wore was unbelievably revealing. It was extremely low cut and very tight. At the very least, she needed an undershirt to cover the cleavage as well as provide an extra layer to hide some of her feminine contours.

If she were a wallflower and never participated, or if attendance were sporadic, then it wouldn't be nearly the problem. However, she's in class everyday and is one of the best students in the class. She provides some of the most insightful comments, and is always willing to read a scripture or say a prayer, etc.

Which brings me to my point. This is a major distraction for the class. Half the class is 15-16 year old boys who end up oogling her for the entire 40 minutes. Needless to say, it isn't bringing the spirit into the class, and it isn't helping the class concentrate.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable pulling her aside and talking to her myself about it, as I don't think it's my place. Do I call her bishop? Parents?
Get a woman to talk to her ... preferably someone she has a good relationship with, like a leader in the YW program. Best option is to get your wife to talk to someone, assuming she's tactful (and assuming you don't mind admitting to her that you noticed).

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 04:53 PM   #14
Donuthole

Donuthole is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
avon = old people talk for avatar, I think.
I know. It was my subtle, perhaps too subtle, pot shot at 71's age.
Old 09-14-2007, 05:00 PM   #15
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I know. It was my subtle, perhaps too subtle, pot shot at 71's age.
I am sure eveyone got it. Mike just likes to rub it in.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:03 PM   #16
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

whoever took that picture of that Redskins cheerleader (or any cheerleader or any woman) is a pervert btw.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:04 PM   #17
RC Vikings

RC Vikings is on a distinguished road

When I was sixteen it didn't matter what they wore, my mind was still gone. When God made us I wonder why he didn't start our desires low and then let them peak at about 21 or 22. Good luck.
RC Vikings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #18
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
whoever took that picture of that Redskins cheerleader (or any cheerleader or any woman) is a pervert btw.
Aren't you supposed to look at the cheerleaders?
Old 09-14-2007, 05:08 PM   #19
Mormon Red Death

Mormon Red Death is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Some of you already know that I'm teaching early morning seminary this year for my first time. The early mornings suck, but I really enjoy teaching the scriptures to these kids, and I enjoy the personal study I put in to prepare the lessons.

My dilemma is that I have a young lady in my class that is constantly wearing immodest shirts. She's one of the more attractive young women in the class, and is the typical "only 16 but looks like she's 22" girl. Some days are worse than others, and it really wasn't that much of a problem until yesterday. But yesterday, the shirt she wore was unbelievably revealing. It was extremely low cut and very tight. At the very least, she needed an undershirt to cover the cleavage as well as provide an extra layer to hide some of her feminine contours.

If she were a wallflower and never participated, or if attendance were sporadic, then it wouldn't be nearly the problem. However, she's in class everyday and is one of the best students in the class. She provides some of the most insightful comments, and is always willing to read a scripture or say a prayer, etc.

Which brings me to my point. This is a major distraction for the class. Half the class is 15-16 year old boys who end up oogling her for the entire 40 minutes. Needless to say, it isn't bringing the spirit into the class, and it isn't helping the class concentrate.

What should I do? I don't feel comfortable pulling her aside and talking to her myself about it, as I don't think it's my place. Do I call her bishop? Parents?
You should take some pictures and let us decide if its too immodest
Old 09-14-2007, 05:16 PM   #20
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

Quote:

I don't know how many here have done early morning seminary, but I remember it well. I would say that for most kids, just having them attend is about as big a victory as you can expect. If he being offended over you saying something to her or her folks became a reason not to come anymore, that would be a shame.

I say this is a situation where you don't do anything.