cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 08-14-2007, 10:48 PM   #11
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
We only pass on the right, because of the various morons that cruise in the left. I think they are too lazy to stay right, and to have to pass someone on the left from time to time, so instead they just go to the left lane, where they know they will never have to pass anyone. Drives me freaking insane. My favorite are the idiots driving in the left lane at 12am at 65mph, even though there is hardly anyone else on the freeway!
But when you come to Utah, I bet you complain about the drivers and talk up Cali drivers, right?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2007, 11:03 PM   #12
8ballrollin

8ballrollin is an unknown quantity at this point

Has anyone here seen the new governor of Alaska Sarah Palin? I think she may be VP material one day.

Last edited by 8ballrollin; 08-29-2008 at 08:17 PM. Reason: cuz
8ballrollin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2007, 05:54 AM   #13
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by 8ballrollin View Post
75??? Wierd. That water temperature is hot for anywhere on the California Coast...

http://www.nodc.noaa.gov/dsdt/cwtg/spac.html

"San Diego Bay, CA - 75.4"

http://www.wunderground.com/MAR/lam.html
That sounds about right. I have never seen it this warm before. We brought our wet suits along but haven't had to use them.
Old 08-16-2007, 02:49 AM   #14
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
As I passed the line of cars I saw what the problem was. There were two Mexicans on a little scooter going about 45 mph.
I don't know if I have ever seen a car with Baja plates that was not traveling at least 5 mph below the speed limit. Our good Lamanite neighbors to the south give the police here no reason to pull them over and search the trunk.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2007, 02:51 PM   #15
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point

I just got back to SD after spending the week in Yuma, where highs ranged from 108 to 113, plus humidity peaking at the unusually high level of 45%. A lot of my time was spent outdoors working, so I feel relieved to be back in the terrestrial kingdom. It is amazing how diverse the climates can be in such a relatively short span:

From the coast, head east 40 miles and you hit the Cleveland National Forest, with altitudes over 4,000 feet and snow every winter. Keep heading east and after another 45 miles you hit desert that passes the 110-degree mark and stretches all the way to Phoenix and beyond. Coast - lush temperate zone - forest - desert.
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote