cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2006, 02:51 AM   #11
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster
Groan. Here we go again.
I am not saying it did happy, but who doesnt love a good conspiracy. I could have also mentioned that president bushs brother is in charge of security at United Airlines but why drag him in to it.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:41 AM   #12
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

I just got back from the theater and I've not had that emotional of an experience in a theater since I saw Saving Private Ryan 10 years ago.

Near the end of the film when they finally make the rush to storm the cockpit....the intensity in the theater was so palpable that the theater broke out in a huge unexpected thunderous ovation.

I was stunned, because I felt the same way. Everyone in that theater wished they were there side by side fighting with the passengers and the heroism shown was something that I'm in awe of.

It was an incredible experience. Those missing out on this movie are doing themselves a major disservice.

On the way a Dad was talking to his younger son and my brother and I overheard him say..."Son, I know that was very traumatic for you, but I brough you because you need to understand and know the lesson of what it means to sacrifice, but more than that,,,that you have a lot and that you are blessed."

A great teaching moment.

And by the way...those conspiraces theories are pure bullshit.

One of the greatest things about this movie is it NOT a political movie. It doesn't take sides and it doesn't take blame. What it does is wake everyone the hell back up and realize that we're in a real war against murderous psychopaths who want to murder me, you , my family and your family. All in the name of God.
Old 04-29-2006, 05:46 AM   #13
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

Check out snopes.com to debunk your missle theories. All of those conspiracy theories piss me off.

I was at the Y. I turned on the TV to catch the weather as I was getting ready that morning for my early chemistry recitation class. I turned it on just as cameras and stations were flipping to the 1st crash footage and then watched the 2nd plane crash. I was stunned and woke up my roommates to come watch.

I took off for class, obviously late, all the while furiously dialing home to check in on my family and father who works for government. I broke the news to the class who were in the middle of working some problem out on the board. Everyone just kind of sat there not knowing how to react or whether to even believe me. I left looking for a TV and when I found one I watched the towers collapsing and ran back to class to tell them. Some students were obviously irritated by my disruptions which really bothered me.

Anyway, I was finally able to get a hold of my family in the Marriott Center just as the devotional started. My dad was not at the Pentagon thankfully but his critical incident response unit was deployed and his whereabouts for the next 12 hours were undisclosed.

I'll never forget that devotional and standing and saying the pledge of allegiance. That was one of the most moving moments of my life.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2006, 01:53 PM   #14
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa
I just got back from the theater and I've not had that emotional of an experience in a theater since I saw Saving Private Ryan 10 years ago.

Near the end of the film when they finally make the rush to storm the cockpit....the intensity in the theater was so palpable that the theater broke out in a huge unexpected thunderous ovation.

I was stunned, because I felt the same way. Everyone in that theater wished they were there side by side fighting with the passengers and the heroism shown was something that I'm in awe of.

It was an incredible experience. Those missing out on this movie are doing themselves a major disservice.

On the way a Dad was talking to his younger son and my brother and I overheard him say..."Son, I know that was very traumatic for you, but I brough you because you need to understand and know the lesson of what it means to sacrifice, but more than that,,,that you have a lot and that you are blessed."

A great teaching moment.

And by the way...those conspiraces theories are pure bullshit.

One of the greatest things about this movie is it NOT a political movie. It doesn't take sides and it doesn't take blame. What it does is wake everyone the hell back up and realize that we're in a real war against murderous psychopaths who want to murder me, you , my family and your family. All in the name of God.
Thanks for sharing this. Normally my wife is very adamant about not seeing R Rated movies, but when she saw the preview for this, she said she had to see it. Ironically, I wasn't that interested in seeing this movie after catching the preview. But if it is what you say it is, we will go and watch this movie for sure.
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote