cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 10-29-2007, 03:02 AM   #151
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
So you learned a few words of ignorance, glory be.

Woot, you think you schooled us old stupid dogs, but we just won't play your dumbass game. You disrespect all, but really play a game, we've already played before here, again and again, and again, and again. So when you come up with new material, we'll treat you with respect, but you must earn it. The same ole, same ole won't cut it here.

IF you wish to dwell on anti-Mormon.com, go to it. If you wish to become a communist, so be it. If you wish to debate intelligently without baiting us with old, tired questions, you'll get treated without respect. Review archives please before posting old shit.
Wow you've jumped the shark. If you've really heard all this before, then you should be able to refute my arguments, but you've not come close. That you think I have any particular angst toward mormonism is further demonstration of your ignorance. I really do not believe you've understood a single one of my thoughts.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #152
woot

Quote:
Have you heard of argumentum ad abusurbdum?

Of course, I did. But I've seen your line of argument before, so it bored me. You were baiting to head down a predictable stream of thought.

I'd prefer Seattle, Solon, Pelagius who actually add something than read something copied out of textbook of arguments.
I think you should look up the definition of argumentum ad absurdum. It doesn't mean what you think it means. I don't care if you wish I were someone else. Either argue against what I actually write or stop responding.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #153
woot

Quote:
Originally Posted by tooblue View Post
Again with the derision or should I claim "ad hom and ignorance"?

One must offer an opinion/argument from a position of authority ... you have laid out your position, current educational persuits, readings etc. and as such you have qualified such as authority.
I do not share your concept of authority. Arguments should stand on their own merits.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:06 AM   #154
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
I think you should look up the definition of argumentum ad absurdum. It doesn't mean what you think it means. I don't care if you wish I were someone else. Either argue against what I actually write or stop responding.
I know what it means and can give it an extended meaning if I wish. Just as one view of theatre de l'absurde had one opening. Only those who stick to original meanings are those without innovation.

I've had these discussions since you were sperm in your daddy's dick.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:09 AM   #155
woot

Quote:
I know what it means and can give it an extended meaning if I wish. Just as one view of theatre de l'absurde had one opening. Only those who stick to original meanings are those without innovation.

I've had these discussions since you were sperm in your daddy's dick.
So... because I find that discussion is impossible without agreed upon definitions I lack innovation? You already tried this once with the word "necessary" for crying out loud. I'm still laughing about that one. Also, sperm are produced in the testicles, in case you weren't aware.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:11 AM   #156
Archaea

Quote:
So... because I find that discussion is impossible without agreed upon definitions I lack innovation? You already tried this once with the word "necessary" for crying out loud. I'm still laughing about that one. Also, sperm are produced in the testicles, in case you weren't aware.
You're very familiar with being a dick, so I'll trust your word on it.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #157
woot

Quote:
You're very familiar with being a dick, so I'll trust your word on it.
Childish fool.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:14 AM   #158
Archaea

Quote:
Childish fool.
That's your best shot? Arrogant little snot-nosed kid. Wait til deals you some experience.

I'll wait until dear ones are dead, the world's philosophies are not just words regurgitated to the professors, and you are able to actually claim an accomplishment.

A fool is a man who has not risk anything. From what has been disclosed you've not risked anything.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:26 AM   #159
woot

Quote:
That's your best shot? Arrogant little snot-nosed kid. Wait til deals you some experience.

I'll wait until dear ones are dead, the world's philosophies are not just words regurgitated to the professors, and you are able to actually claim an accomplishment.

A fool is a man who has not risk anything. From what has been disclosed you've not risked anything.
How old do you think I am? That was a cute little lecture, but I can't imagine how insecure you would have to be to think that such accusations would be helpful. It's also quite clear that you have no basis for saying I've "not risked anything," but you've shown quite clearly that having no basis doesn't bother you, so I might've expected that.
Old 10-29-2007, 03:29 AM   #160
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
How old do you think I am? That was a cute little lecture, but I can't imagine how insecure you would have to be to think that such accusations would be helpful. It's also quite clear that you have no basis for saying I've "not risked anything," but you've shown quite clearly that having no basis doesn't bother you, so I might've expected that.
You two need to give it a rest. Enough already.