cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-18-2008, 11:14 PM   #111
TexasAg

TexasAg is on a distinguished road

I can't imagine why YOU would be getting bashed, you seem like such a likeable friendly guy that has NO interest on stepping on toes by going to another school's site. Then again I'm doing the same thing. Oh well.
TexasAg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:20 PM   #112
ewth8tr

ewth8tr is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
LOL.

Just to see if you were right, I did a search on "texfags" and sure enough you're right. It's the first link. It's famous.

http://www.google.com/search?q=texfags

Even our lowly site gets used for media, in fact one of our regular posters seems to provide half the source material to one of the BYU beat writers.

Not long ago one of our threads discussed on Utah sports radio.

big deal.

Wow, you guys think you hit big time. That's funny.
Nice job, now you'll have an excuse when farrah see's that you went to the site.

Må din pung bli överkörd av femhundra siamesiska elefantbögar samtidigt som du får en ananas uppkörd långt upp i rektum - Most common thing said to LiveCoug on his mission.
ewth8tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2008, 11:31 PM   #113
Zulu451
house-elf 3rd class

Zulu451 is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
I'm gonna force myself not to think about all the dead Aggie jokes in regard to the Bonfire from THIS site. Why WOULD I keep thinking about it?

It's game week, it SHOULD all be done and over on Friday.
I completely agree that jokes about dead aggies is deplorable and anyone saying that should be ashamed or at least their parents should be ashamed.

All the banter about TU vs A&M vs BYU is fine and is the usual trash talk, but to start bashing someone's religion is just as shameful, and amounts to bigotry.

Mike -
If you look at the individual departments the education is pretty much the same, ironically, one of the key factors that most of those US News...rags factor in is racial diversity, hence, the reason why I believe that A&M and BYU get dinged.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:24 AM   #114
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

well it looks like texags is prone to ban people they don't agree with.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...&o=0&fpart=all

That's a common syndrome among "little brothers".

In that thread one of the aggies brags that texags gets more net traffic than ESPN (which is completely ludicrous, but like a typicle aggy he believes it).

and someone replies:

Quote:
congratulations...yall gonna get rings for that too?
ROTFLMAO. For those of you who don't get it, Aggies are crazy about their class rings. Sort of like high schoolers. They all buy rings and wear them all the time, so that other Aggies will recognize them. In many Aggie families, college graduation is a stunning achievement, so I can't begrudge them.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:26 AM   #115
PortlandAggie

PortlandAggie is on a distinguished road

Quote:
UT -- 44
tamu -- 62
byu -- 79

So the gap between tamu and UT is greater than the gap between tamu and BYU.

http://colleges.usnews.rankingsandre...udoc_brief.php
There's a 1 spot difference in the difference between A&M and UT and A&M and BYU. Doesn't really amount to much.

Believe it or not, Texas A&M is the #1 univeristy in the nation. According to Washington Monthly, anyway. http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...tlrankings.pdf

:mrgreen:
PortlandAggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:28 AM   #116
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandAggie View Post
There's a 1 spot difference in the difference between A&M and UT and A&M and BYU. Doesn't really amount to much.

Believe it or not, Texas A&M is the #1 univeristy in the nation. According to Washington Monthly, anyway. http://www.washingtonmonthly.com/fea...tlrankings.pdf

:mrgreen:
actually BYU is tied with Harvard for top honors.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/educa...ey-enroll.html
Old 03-19-2008, 12:31 AM   #117
PortlandAggie

Quote:
well it looks like texags is prone to ban people they don't agree with.

http://forums.hornfans.com/php/wwwth...&o=0&fpart=all

That's a common syndrome among "little brothers".

In that thread one of the aggies brags that texags gets more net traffic than ESPN (which is completely ludicrous, but like a typicle aggy he believes it).

and someone replies:

ROTFLMAO. For those of you who don't get it, Aggies are crazy about their class rings. Sort of like high schoolers. They all buy rings and wear them all the time, so that other Aggies will recognize them. In many Aggie families, college graduation is a stunning achievement, so I can't begrudge them.
I was banned at a hornfans.com for disagreeing with some sips on a hit when we beat them in 2006. So, if we have little brother syndrome, then what do they have for banning me (an obvious Aggie) so quickly?

It's comical you talk about our rings that way. First of all, they are not "Class rings". It is The Aggie Ring. The Aggie ring is a tradition at TAMU. I am proud to wear my big shiny Aggie Ring. You're right, it's like a brotherhood, when you see another Aggie with one, it gives you common ground, esp if you're not anywhere near Texas.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #118
MikeWaters
Demiurge

Quote:
Originally Posted by PortlandAggie View Post
I was banned at a hornfans.com for disagreeing with some sips on a hit when we beat them in 2006. So, if we have little brother syndrome, then what do they have for banning me (an obvious Aggie) so quickly?

It's comical you talk about our rings that way. First of all, they are not "Class rings". It is The Aggie Ring. The Aggie ring is a tradition at TAMU. I am proud to wear my big shiny Aggie Ring. You're right, it's like a brotherhood, when you see another Aggie with one, it gives you common ground, esp if you're not anywhere near Texas.
It's a "little brother-hood".

If you all are going to advertise that you are aggies, you ought to stop being bigots. Because there are people that don't like bigots.

btw, you're not likely to get banned here. Dish away.
Old 03-19-2008, 12:32 AM   #119
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Originally Posted by TexasAg View Post
sports sites, like ESPN.com and the Texas newspapers OFTEN use information posted on Texags.com for their leads, breaking news, etc.
Here is one website that probably gets a lot of headlines off the content on Texags

http://www.adl.org/learn/extremism_i..._texas_1106.ht

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 12:35 AM   #120
PortlandAggie

Quote:
actually BYU is tied with Harvard for top honors.

http://www.usnews.com/articles/educa...ey-enroll.html

This is kind of like your "BYU has twice as many black people as A&M". When it turns out that was completely false. Look at the ranking. It is 79, it's in the 1st column. All that list is stating is that BYU is popular among its students that apply and get accepted to the school.