cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #101
Black Diamond Bay

Black Diamond Bay is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
Based on what you are saying this appears to be the case. If you would like to give more information to rebut this notion that would be fine. However, what I see is someone who is blaming struggles on what her husband did in the past. A think a person who is truly forgiving would forget what happened in the past, and wouldn't use it as a basis for why their are current problems (assuming the past transgression was taken care of).

I do enjoy one thing about your post. You say it shows a lot about my character for making a judgment of a little snippet of information on someone I don't know and haven't met, than you go ahead and make a judgment on my character based on the little bit of information that you know about me, a person you don't know and haven't met.
...and what judgment was that?

I'm still entirely uncertain why her husband has anything to do with this. The individual in question that started the conversation in the first place is a man that she met and dated several years ago, and now he's asking me out. There's been nothing in any of the comments she's made that would lead me to believe that she hasn't forgiven her husband, and doesn't consider him to be someone who keeps his covenants. However, she has reservations about the man in question.
Black Diamond Bay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:05 PM   #102
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
Based on what you are saying this appears to be the case. If you would like to give more information to rebut this notion that would be fine. However, what I see is someone who is blaming struggles on what her husband did in the past. A think a person who is truly forgiving would forget what happened in the past, and wouldn't use it as a basis for why their are current problems (assuming the past transgression was taken care of).

I do enjoy one thing about your post. You say it shows a lot about my character for making a judgment of a little snippet of information on someone I don't know and haven't met, than you go ahead and make a judgment on my character based on the little bit of information that you know about me, a person you don't know and haven't met.
You know, Funk...it just dawned on me that your avatar is missing a pie portion for a rabbit in a hat and a baseball bat.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:35 PM   #103
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay View Post
The fact that you are willing to pass judgment on a woman you've never met before and know nothing about aside from the little snippet of information provided here really says a lot about you.

You don't know what you're talking about.
What a shocker....BDB now ripping into someone else for offering their take on the subject of the thread.

Exhibit #2917573985721375315790570395781290537291571239573 2
Old 01-03-2008, 06:42 PM   #104
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
What a shocker....BDB now ripping into someone else for offering their take on the subject of the thread.

Exhibit #2917573985721375315790570395781290537291571239573 2

Is this an example of the alleged personal attacks? Maybe evidence that I can't take what I dish out?

...my unwillingness to sit back and let someone rip on a friend is an exhibit of exactly what?
Old 01-03-2008, 06:49 PM   #105
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
...and what judgment was that?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Black Diamond Bay
The fact that you are willing to pass judgment on a woman you've never met before and know nothing about aside from the little snippet of information provided here really says a lot about you.
I don't know about you, but that sure looks like a judgment.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #106
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
You know, Funk...it just dawned on me that your avatar is missing a pie portion for a rabbit in a hat and a baseball bat.
That is a huge oversight you are correct. I didn't make the pie chart so it is not my fault.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 06:50 PM   #107
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
I don't know about you, but that sure looks like a judgment.
Well then it shouldn't be difficult for you to tell us all what judgment was made against you.
Old 01-03-2008, 06:52 PM   #108
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Is this an example of the alleged personal attacks? Maybe evidence that I can't take what I dish out?

...my unwillingness to sit back and let someone rip on a friend is an exhibit of exactly what?
Whether you can or can't take what you dish it out isn't the issue here, but since you asked..... if it were, it's a question that was already answered about you a looooooooooooooong time ago, but I digress.

I'm sure your friend will be happy to know you're fiercely loyal to her cause.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:05 PM   #109
Black Diamond Bay

Quote:
Whether you can or can't take what you dish it out isn't the issue here, but since you asked..... if it were, it's a question that was already answered about you a looooooooooooooong time ago, but I digress.
Perhaps you need to go back and reread what I posted more carefully. I asked if this is evidence to support your allegations that I can't take what I dish out. I did NOT ask whether or not I can.

This is very interesting. You continue to throw out this claim, without ever producing any evidence to support the claim. Repeating yourself over and over again doesn't do anything to validate baseless claims. Surely you realize that...

Quote:
I'm sure your friend will be happy to know you're fiercely loyal to her cause.
Well she knows me well enough that it wouldn't come as any kind of a surprise. Although, she doesn't frequent these boards and therefore it's highly unlikely that she will ever read this.
Old 01-03-2008, 07:11 PM   #110
smokymountainrain

smokymountainrain is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Although, she doesn't frequent these boards
She should - they are highly entertaining. Oh well, her loss.
smokymountainrain is offline   Reply With Quote