cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-04-2007, 05:14 AM   #101
FMCoug

FMCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
It's hard to claim self-defense when we are half way around the world in THEIR countries. That is like saying someone broke into my house and killed my wife in self defense.
And what is your defense pre 9/11? We went to THEIR countries because they came to ours.
FMCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 05:36 AM   #102
BlueHair

BlueHair is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by FMCoug View Post
And what is your defense pre 9/11? We went to THEIR countries because they came to ours.
I am making no defense for radical Muslims. My point is you can't claim self defense in their countries. I believe we are making otherwise peaceful people "radical" by our occupation. There seems to be a bigoted belief on this board that all Muslims are killers and terrorists. Us being there forcing our way of government down their throats can't be good. I hope that I will have the balls to fight foreign occupation in our land if it ever comes to that. I suppose they will call me "radical" or a terrorist when I kill them with whatever means I have. We attacked Iraq with zero credible evidence. No wonder they hate us.
BlueHair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 09:57 AM   #103
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
If these peoples were allowed to convert to Christianity, they would adopt traditions that would enrich them personally and monetarily. They would rise up out of their poverty, become more peaceful and be able to work within the world order.
sorry to keep after you ,but you are not telling me that the ONLY way of living in peace and getting personally and monetarily enrichment would come up AFTER converting to christianity ,are you ?
Old 07-04-2007, 10:10 AM   #104
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigFatMeanie View Post
I'm trying to UNDERSTAND - but you're not EXPLAINING. How do you expect me to UNDERSTAND if you don't EXPLAIN?
i would love to explain it to you as far as i know ( i am not a muslim missionary nor a muslim schalor though) but with all due respect dont you think the utmost bottom line to build an argument on ,would be having at least a common ground???
what possible common ground YOU and I would have..
i would simply justify my point utilizing Quran ,do you believe in quran ?? no you dont!
i would use NAhjol Ballaghe (Ali ibn Abitaleb 's book) to elaborate my point .do you bellieve in NB?? no you dont!
i will bring lots of narrations to clarify my insights ,do you belive in our narrrations?? no you dont.
on the note side i hope you wouldnot expect underestanding complicated issues during a forum over the internet .
Old 07-04-2007, 10:38 AM   #105
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You're now just spinning it.

Islam starts with an idea and a motive in the heart of a man. He either submits or does not submit to what he perceives is the will of God.

It is nonsensical to argue "Islam is everything." That's saying the universe is everything, well of course it is, because that's what the word means.

We are not challenging you, we are inviting you to explain a concept which is immoral at the natural level. It is immoral to murder.
well, i am coming to realise your knowledge about islam is quite bewildered and preplexed so i got to be fair and not worsen it.
you read something from somewehre and then utter it without any care about the authenticity of the reference ( which i would never ever do it if i was going to criticize mormonism)
prophet mohammad was an illiterate, fairly righteous ,ordinary person who didont endorse idolarty ,rather kept monotheist befor God revealed his messages to him( when he was 40) period
there is no claim that he got the ability to say poems or was too intelligent to fabricate things masterfully.
so the words he brought (quran) were overwhelmingly beautiful and uinque ,that no one could dare to compete with that proving its a "manly word"
how ever he kept inviting people to endeavor in order to bring 10 verses or at least 1 verse alike quran , well, some people dared to contest ,but all efforts doomed to fail !
its one of most reliable narration which are written in every sunni and shia's references ..(the compitation is still open and will be open forever )
so how you possibly could say that "He either submits or does not submit to what he perceives is the will of God" ????

Last edited by Mindfulcoug; 07-04-2007 at 11:57 AM.
Mindfulcoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 10:40 AM   #106
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlueHair View Post
I am making no defense for radical Muslims. My point is you can't claim self defense in their countries. I believe we are making otherwise peaceful people "radical" by our occupation. There seems to be a bigoted belief on this board that all Muslims are killers and terrorists. Us being there forcing our way of government down their throats can't be good. I hope that I will have the balls to fight foreign occupation in our land if it ever comes to that. I suppose they will call me "radical" or a terrorist when I kill them with whatever means I have. We attacked Iraq with zero credible evidence. No wonder they hate us.
i just couldnot help appreciating people who keep "Fairness" alive!
Old 07-04-2007, 10:51 AM   #107
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
I know for a fact based on my own experience from teaching a Muslim from Amman, Jordan in Fremont California back in 1992.

After 2 discussions he disappeared.

When we further inquired about what had happened. His brother told us that word had got out of his inquiry into Christianity and Mormonism. His brother explained to us that the sect of Islam they believed in did not allow them to inquire or even ask about other religions. That he'd seen people himself killed many times himself for even daring to question something that plagued ones mind. To associate with the thinking and behavior of Infidels was not tolerated. We were told that his brother feared for his life and had gone into hiding. I have no idea what happened to the man. He was a very good guy.

About a month later at Zone Conference a letter had been read to us giving us specific instructions that we were not to teach Muslims because of the physical danger they'd bring upon themselves should they be discovered learning about other religions.

That's just one small example.
sharing personal experience is a nice thing to do ,as far as it doesnot make people want to generalize it.
granted , some muslim people are too slothful to be acquainted with their religion and what makes it even worse is poor culture.
but i am dead sure you would not find any newly converted muslim who switched to islam becuase he was given help carring his grocery packs or seeing muslim missionaries doing labour (which are also good )
Old 07-04-2007, 12:02 PM   #108
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCal Cat View Post
Any religion that practices "honor killings" should not be legal imo. An example of an honor killing would be a woman being murdered by her father or brother because she wants a divorce.
honor killing is something absolutely forbidden in islam, no one is allowed to do that and nothing but death penalty awaits for whom commit it.
take my words for that.
Old 07-04-2007, 12:47 PM   #109
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
well, i am coming to realise your knowledge about islam is quite bewildered and preplexed so i got to be fair and not worsen it.
you read something from somewehre and then utter it without any care about the authenticity of the reference ( which i would never ever do it if i was going to criticize mormonism)
prophet mohammad was an illiterate, fairly righteous ,ordinary person who didont endorse idolarty ,rather kept monotheist befor God revealed his messages to him( when he was 40) period
there is no claim that he got the ability to say poems or was too intelligent to fabricate things masterfully.
so the words he brought (quran) were overwhelmingly beautiful and uinque ,that no one could dare to compete with that proving its a "manly word"
how ever he kept inviting people to endeavor in order to bring 10 verses or at least 1 verse alike quran , well, some people dared to contest ,but all efforts doomed to fail !
its one of most reliable narration which are written in every sunni and shia's references ..(the compitation is still open and will be open forever )
so how you possibly could say that "He either submits or does not submit to what he perceives is the will of God" ????
NonMuslims claim he was illiterate, but modern anthropologists and historians don't believe he was illiterate. Why do you make that claim?
Old 07-04-2007, 12:49 PM   #110
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mindfulcoug View Post
sorry to keep after you ,but you are not telling me that the ONLY way of living in peace and getting personally and monetarily enrichment would come up AFTER converting to christianity ,are you ?
I am saying ther poor among you would enrich their lives, by adopting good principles within Christianity.

Many of the customs tolerated by Islam, especially Shia, create poverty amongst them. Divorce and polygamy create poverty.