cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-27-2007, 02:41 PM   #91
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
It is Tex-style debating 101.
You know, I hadn't read any of this thread until today. I just happened to click on "Last Post" to see what was going on.

Amusing to see Cali's obsession with me is going strong, even in my absence.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 03:03 PM   #92
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
So your argument is that it is obvious what you meant (even though it is obvious that isn't how it was being interpreted), so you felt no need to clarify (despite the obvious "misinterpretation" of your quote). Right...

I will note that what you are doing now is a common debate tactic- make the debate about you. It is Tex-style debating 101. Avoid the actual issues (where you are getting crushed) and focus on something else tangential. Well played.
You're pathetic. You're the one that made a boneheaded assumption and have been backpedaling ever since. The debate on the actual issue has been over for a while now, both of us having made our opinions very clear. It really is strange how Tex gets brought into most debates. I swear half the people on this forum want his slop.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 04:49 PM   #93
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by woot View Post
You're pathetic. You're the one that made a boneheaded assumption and have been backpedaling ever since. The debate on the actual issue has been over for a while now, both of us having made our opinions very clear. It really is strange how Tex gets brought into most debates. I swear half the people on this forum want his slop.
No backpedaling. Just hoping for an explanation from you (which never came) and seeing through your duplicity and post hoc rationalization.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 06:46 PM   #94
woot

woot is on a distinguished road

Quote:
No backpedaling. Just hoping for an explanation from you (which never came) and seeing through your duplicity and post hoc rationalization.
You just keep thinking that and maybe someday it will seem less absurd. That you actually think I could believe that the life a person becomes less valuable the minute they choose to become a police officer is frankly retarded. I think you're smart enough to know how absurd that is but are so determined to cover your ass that you're willing to use that argument anyway. That's a pretty good sign that this conversation has gone on for far too long.
woot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2007, 08:14 PM   #95
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road

I'm really trying to decide who I think is right here. On the one hand, Cali has been to law school and practices law. On the other hand, woot worked at a halfway house and took a one day course in fighting techniques.

I'm going to have to ponder some more.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:18 PM   #96
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
I'm really trying to decide who I think is right here. On the one hand, Cali has been to law school and practices law. On the other hand, woot worked at a halfway house and took a one day course in fighting techniques.

I'm going to have to ponder some more.
But Cali only practices law, he hasn't perfected it. As we know, wooting it means perfection.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:20 PM   #97
UtahDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
But Cali only practices law, he hasn't perfected it. As we know, wooting it means perfection.
I didn't mean to leave you out Arch, I know you practice too. You have just had more practice. Maybe that tips things your direction. Do any of you practice criminal law around here or is it just me? It is only about 10% of my practice.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:27 PM   #98
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I didn't mean to leave you out Arch, I know you practice too. You have just had more practice. Maybe that tips things your direction. Do any of you practice criminal law around here or is it just me? It is only about 10% of my practice.
You practice criminality? Are you good at it yet?

I don't touch criminals or criminality, for fear the judge might confuse the lawyer with the client and throw the wrong one in jail.
Old 11-27-2007, 08:32 PM   #99
UtahDan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
You practice criminality? Are you good at it yet?

I don't touch criminals or criminality, for fear the judge might confuse the lawyer with the client and throw the wrong one in jail.
Shame on you Arch. Being the guardian of your civil rights is an important job.
Old 11-28-2007, 01:22 AM   #100
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
You practice criminal law? Then perhaps you can answer me this:

Why isn't "because he deserved it" a valid defense to homicide? It should be. Perhaps "the world is a better place with him dead" would be a better approach?

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote