cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-02-2007, 07:16 PM   #21
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
My ten year old daughter shocked me pretty good (OK, just woke me up from my nap) when I suddenly heard her voice over the intercom system yesterday. Unprompted and unscripted. She started with the standard "I know the church is true", but then went on quite thoughtfully for another minute or two on topics very atypical for children's testimonies. She clearly was speaking from her heart. Three different people came up afterwards and told me something along the lines that they thought it was the best testimony of the day.

One of those little moments that makes being a parent satisfying...
There was a little girl in our ward yesterday that bore her testimony about primary--she almost sounded like an adult. She couldn't have been older than 8, and it was a totally mature, rational testimony about what a good thing primary was and how grateful she was that she could go there and learn and make friends.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 07:45 PM   #22
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
My ten year old daughter shocked me pretty good (OK, just woke me up from my nap) when I suddenly heard her voice over the intercom system yesterday. Unprompted and unscripted. She started with the standard "I know the church is true", but then went on quite thoughtfully for another minute or two on topics very atypical for children's testimonies. She clearly was speaking from her heart. Three different people came up afterwards and told me something along the lines that they thought it was the best testimony of the day.

One of those little moments that makes being a parent satisfying...
A couple of weeks ago my little girl, who turns two this week, immediately after sacrament meeting concluded bolted from my arms and ran straight for the pulpit. She jumped up on the little stool, grabbed the mic and said, "I talk Jesus." Fortunately the mic was off. I wasn't particularly proud, but was kind of impressed that she knew the people speaking are supposed to talk about Jesus.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote