cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-30-2007, 07:50 PM   #1
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa
Default The fragile mental status of Yewt "fans"

SocalPat is the perfect example of it.

http://www.utefans.net/message.php?i...#message469911

This guy is the perfect carbon copy of a paranoid and angry Yewt "fan". There's no difference between him and a zoob.

He's the Yewt version of a zoob. His hatred for what BYU is doing gets him so vividly angry that it's actually very entertaining to watch him go off.

You know that if what Bronco is doing is making some Yewt "fans" THAT angry....then he's doing the right thing. I agree with VegasUte,,,it is a pretty silly argument, but I have to admit I couldn't help pointing out the irony in their posts.

Last edited by RockyBalboa; 06-30-2007 at 07:56 PM.
RockyBalboa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 10:10 PM   #2
bYuPride

bYuPride is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post

This guy is the perfect carbon copy of a paranoid and angry Yewt "fan". There's no difference between him and a zoob.

He's the Yewt version of a zoob. His hatred for what BYU is doing gets him so vividly angry that it's actually very entertaining to watch him go off.

You know that if what Bronco is doing is making some Yewt "fans" THAT angry....then he's doing the right thing. I agree with VegasUte,,,it is a pretty silly argument, but I have to admit I couldn't help pointing out the irony in their posts.

I went golfing with a guy who is a wholesaler for Pacific Life?... anyway, it was me, him and 2 other wells fargo guys. i don't know why i was invited, but that's besides the point. i had my BYU hat on and my BYU head covers and stuff and he asked me when I graduated from the Y, i said i was actually just finishing up at the U. he then began to talk about tunnel singing and how dorky BYU students were... he went on to give some pretty specific examples to try and back up his opinions. he seemed pretty pleased with himself. all I could do was just smile. i let him finish and he asks me why i keep smiling. all i could say was my theory is still holding strong. the pride of the ute fan is thinking that BYU students are beneath them on the social scale. that's it. they don't have anything of worth to say about their own school so they just exaggerate their BYU student stories to make them feel superior. it's quite laughable. so ute fans, why is this such a common thread among many of you? why nothing to say about your own tradition and glory?
Get your BYU license plates http://dmv.utah.gov/licensecollegiate.html#byu You do not have to wait for your current registration to expire. Get your freakin' plates on your vehicle and be TRUE BLUE!!!!!!

"I'm on my beater bike"

Translation: I had this baby custom-made in Tuscany using titanium blessed by the Pope. I took it to a wind tunnel and it disappeared. It weighs less than a fart and costs more than a divorce.
bYuPride is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2007, 11:06 PM   #3
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by bYuPride View Post
I went golfing with a guy who is a wholesaler for Pacific Life?... anyway, it was me, him and 2 other wells fargo guys. i don't know why i was invited, but that's besides the point. i had my BYU hat on and my BYU head covers and stuff and he asked me when I graduated from the Y, i said i was actually just finishing up at the U. he then began to talk about tunnel singing and how dorky BYU students were... he went on to give some pretty specific examples to try and back up his opinions. he seemed pretty pleased with himself. all I could do was just smile. i let him finish and he asks me why i keep smiling. all i could say was my theory is still holding strong. the pride of the ute fan is thinking that BYU students are beneath them on the social scale. that's it. they don't have anything of worth to say about their own school so they just exaggerate their BYU student stories to make them feel superior. it's quite laughable. so ute fans, why is this such a common thread among many of you? why nothing to say about your own tradition and glory?
Well because for one,,their "tradition" is very limited, and the glory is on about an equal plane to their "tradition". The word "tradition" is practically a misnomer with their football program.

Now if it were basketball we were talking about, then the reverse would be true.
Old 06-30-2007, 11:52 PM   #4
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Speaking of common thread, why are BYU fans so obsessed with Utah fans' obsession with BYU?
Old 06-30-2007, 11:59 PM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

It seemed that SoCal and others were able to push your buttons in that thread Rocky.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2007, 12:01 AM   #6
RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
It seemed that SoCal and others were able to push your buttons in that thread Rocky.
and vice versa.

SoCal is as much of a Yewt "fan" as any Y fan is a zoob.
Old 07-01-2007, 12:07 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
and vice versa.

SoCal is as much of a Yewt "fan" as any Y fan is a zoob.
I can agree with you about that. The entire thread had me chuckling.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:11 PM   #8
OrangeUte

OrangeUte is on a distinguished road
Default Glory?

I love how so many zoobs really and truly think that a dominant run through the WAC during ONLY the late '70's and most of the '80's somehow equates to a rich football tradition and glory. It is pretty friggin' amazing what you have labled as tradition. Get yourselves a touchdown Moroni just outside of an endzone and then maybe, just maybe, I will start to buy that you have some tradition. As for glory, I suppose that's what your fancy new hall of fame is there for - to show off your decade and a half of winning a weak conference and a national championship that will always have a footnote next to it.

Granted, the linked utefans post is lame lame lame, but so are these glory and tradition posts. It's kind of funny, though, that the glory and tradition talk amongst zoobs really got going during the last 4 or so years, when the Utes were consistently beating the crap out of the Cougs. Coincidence? No, I don't think so. It is more likely that Cougs were pissed that the Utes were dominating them and so they needed something to say in return. Seems to me that this is the same thing that you zoobs are complaining about in this thread.
OrangeUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:15 PM   #9
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
Get yourselves a touchdown Moroni just outside of an endzone and then maybe, just maybe, I will start to buy that you have some tradition. .
I've been hoping for a First Down Brigham statue...

YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2007, 03:24 PM   #10
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeUte View Post
I love how so many zoobs really and truly think that a dominant run through the WAC during ONLY the late '70's and most of the '80's somehow equates to a rich football tradition and glory. It is pretty friggin' amazing what you have labled as tradition. Get yourselves a touchdown Moroni just outside of an endzone and then maybe, just maybe, I will start to buy that you have some tradition. As for glory, I suppose that's what your fancy new hall of fame is there for - to show off your decade and a half of winning a weak conference and a national championship that will always have a footnote next to it.

Granted, the linked utefans post is lame lame lame, but so are these glory and tradition posts. It's kind of funny, though, that the glory and tradition talk amongst zoobs really got going during the last 4 or so years, when the Utes were consistently beating the crap out of the Cougs. Coincidence? No, I don't think so. It is more likely that Cougs were pissed that the Utes were dominating them and so they needed something to say in return. Seems to me that this is the same thing that you zoobs are complaining about in this thread.
Glory and tradition talk really got going only 4 years ago?

Last edited by Goatnapper'96; 07-02-2007 at 03:28 PM.
Goatnapper'96 is offline   Reply With Quote