cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

View Poll Results: Is it ok (i.e. not a sin) for a missionary to masturbate on his/her mission?
yes it is ok 12 27.91%
no, it is not ok 31 72.09%
Voters: 43. You may not vote on this poll

Old 06-29-2007, 02:44 AM   #81
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Every mission has this problem.

My MP told me that 75% of his Elder's admitted to him in interviews they had played Five vs. One, and that about a third of the mission had a 'real' problem. He also told me the numbers were very similar with the Sisters.
was this when the mission president was confessing to you?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:49 AM   #82
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11 View Post
Every mission has this problem.

My MP told me that 75% of his Elder's admitted to him in interviews they had played Five vs. One, and that about a third of the mission had a 'real' problem. He also told me the numbers were very similar with the Sisters.
The real question is what portion of the remaining 25% simply weren't confessing. Then we might get a bit closer to reality...although I do believe that a certain percentage of missionaries keep their hands to themselves/away from themselves--however you want to put it--for the duration of their missions.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:50 AM   #83
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by SoonerCoug View Post
The real question is what portion of the remaining 25% simply weren't confessing. Then we might get a bit closer to reality...although I do believe that a certain percentage of missionaries keep their hands to themselves/away from themselves--however you want to put it--for the duration of their missions.
LOL, you believe Fusnik, who believes his mission president, who believes a number he probably made up.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 02:53 AM   #84
SoonerCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
LOL, you believe Fusnik, who believes his mission president, who believes a number he probably made up.
All I know is that 75% of the missionaries in my mission were not eligible to be district leader or zone leader because "they had a problem" according to my mission president. When I was AP, very frequently when I proposed someone be appointed DL or ZL, he would say: "Um, that elder has a personal problem." I know there are lots of different problems that a missionary could have, but he would usually specify if it had to do with something a little less personal.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:03 AM   #85
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:

Things must have drastically changed.

When I grew up, you didn't masturbate because a man either had a woman, or didnt' deserve the pleasure. Hence the emphasis on the real thing.

For reasons which are irrelevant, I had am employee, who was divorcing her husband, complain, he didn't even service her, but rather chose to change his own oil in front of her, completely ignoring her needs.

I suppose you younger guys go in for self-service, as opposed to full service. Even though full service filling stations were long ago, I still preferred full service to self-service. In matters of great pleasure and import, full service is always the route; self-service, what's the point.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:04 AM   #86
SoonerCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Things must have drastically changed.

When I grew up, you didn't masturbate because a man either had a woman, or didnt' deserve the pleasure. Hence the emphasis on the real thing.

For reasons which are irrelevant, I had am employee, who was divorcing her husband, complain, he didn't even service her, but rather chose to change his own oil in front of her, completely ignoring her needs.

I suppose you younger guys go in for self-service, as opposed to full service. Even though full service filling stations were long ago, I still preferred full service to self-service. In matters of great pleasure and import, full service is always the route; self-service, what's the point.
HIV changed everything. Especially for missionaries. I had to have two HIV tests to renew my visa.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 06-29-2007 at 03:11 AM.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:12 AM   #87
Archaea

Quote:
HIV changed everything. Especially for missionaries.
HIV is still transmitted via unprotected sex, principally, although not exclusively within the homosexual, drug, and prostitute populations. And yes I'm aware of data showing increases within heterosexual populations. CDC does have a default position if sexuality is not known, to default it to heterosexual.

STDs are still rampant.

However, condoms have been around for a long time. Maybe dryhumping BYU students knew what they were doing afterall.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:15 AM   #88
SoonerCoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
HIV is still transmitted via unprotected sex, principally, although not exclusively within the homosexual, drug, and prostitute populations. And yes I'm aware of data showing increases within heterosexual populations. CDC does have a default position if sexuality is not known, to default it to heterosexual.

STDs are still rampant.

However, condoms have been around for a long time. Maybe dryhumping BYU students knew what they were doing afterall.
HIV can pass through condoms, though. Big misconception out there, although condoms do reduce the chances of infection dramatically.

However, I'm not aware of any literature on HIV passing through Levis.
Old 06-29-2007, 03:18 AM   #89
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

I thought we finally got rid of this thread?
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2007, 03:20 AM   #90
Archaea

Quote:
HIV can pass through condoms, though. Big misconception out there, although condoms do reduce the chances of infection dramatically.

However, I'm not aware of any literature on HIV passing through Levis.
I'm not aware of literature showing conclusively HIV being transmitted through condoms.

I'm relieved to know thousands of BYU students will be spared the risk of pregnancy and contraction of HIV through Levi Lovin.