cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-28-2007, 09:27 PM   #11
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
You guys are harsh. Mrs. Doubtfire, Patch Adams and Alladins genie would be dissapointed.
Mrs. Doubtfire was pretty good. But that was way back in '93. And he did a good job with the Aladdin character back in '95.

But I am sorry, Patch Adams was awful.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:33 AM   #12
Frank Ryan
Formerly Mastershake

Frank Ryan is on a distinguished road
Default You know I liked that movie too

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
I have to admit I absolutely love What Dreams May Come, and he's part of the reason. I'm not a big Robin Williams fan, but as bad as he may be in a dramatic role he's 10 times worse when he's trying to be funny.
but I watched it right around the time my brother passed away, so I was easily influenced by artistic expressions of redemption/ life after death themes.

but again it wasn't because of Mork
Frank Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 08:38 PM   #13
mpfunk

mpfunk is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to mpfunk

There is no excuse for the existence of Robin Williams. I despise him as much as any actor out there. There are few things worse than watching Robin Williams try to be funny.

He deserves to have his testicles cut off for his crimes against humanity. Mrs. Doubtfire is more than enough to justify his castration.
mpfunk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:05 PM   #14
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by mpfunk View Post
There is no excuse for the existence of Robin Williams. I despise him as much as any actor out there. There are few things worse than watching Robin Williams try to be funny.

He deserves to have his testicles cut off for his crimes against humanity. Mrs. Doubtfire is more than enough to justify his castration.
Funk needs to get married...BAD...his anger is starting to take control...I fear he will be like Venom shortly...and I'm sure Funk doesn't want to turn into a character played by Topher Grace.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:24 PM   #15
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

The deal is Robin Williams can be okay when he sticks to comedy and transitional scenes in comedies. That's why Doubtfire was entertaining in parts. When I see him doing serious stuff I loath him, want to cave his face in. He's so beyond bad it seems almost fraudulent. The bookish stammering nerd who wouldn't harm a flea. Please. One movie I remember had a popular following but I thought was unwatchable was Dead Poets Society.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 09:30 PM   #16
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
The deal is Robin Williams can be okay when he sticks to comedy and transitional scenes in comedies. That's why Doubtfire was entertaining in parts. When I see him doing serious stuff I loath him, want to cave his face in. He's so beyond bad it seems almost fraudulent. The bookish stammering nerd who wouldn't harm a flea. Please. One movie I remember had a popular following but I thought was unwatchable was Dead Poets Society.
I think you have nailed it. His touchy-feely shtick is what nauseates.
Old 05-30-2007, 09:47 PM   #17
Venkman

Venkman is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
But I am sorry, Patch Adams was awful.
A crime against humanity.
Venkman is offline   Reply With Quote