cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-20-2006, 06:11 PM   #21
Robin

Robin is an unknown quantity at this point

r.f.
Robin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-20-2006, 06:43 PM   #22
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin
Quote:
Originally Posted by DirtyHippieUTE
I know several gay people who have very physical relationships with friends of the opposite sex. I've seen them spooning, giving backrubs, etc... I imagine that there is far more of the intimate closeness in their relationship than there is sexual intimacy.
I like Platonic spooning with the guys in my intramural croquet league. Completey hetero spooning! Don't get any funny ideas.
Who doesn't? There's nothing like sprawling out with a few good friends and throwing in a DVD like "The Importance of Being Ernest."

Funny story... I have a friend with whom I have gone backpacking multiple times. Because we're both gear geeks we are into getting the lightest and highest quality gear possible. One of the side effects of this fascination with ultralight gear is a small tent and rather cramped quarters for sleeping.

I remember when my wife and I were haning out with my friend and his wife. My wife was talking about how I tend to kick in my sleep, my friend's wife countered with, "Well you should hear him snore."

He and I both started laughing because we both knew first hand what the other's wife was talking about. When confronted with the fact that my friend and I have spent weeks on end sleeping in a tent the size of a twin bed, our wives suddenly began to question just what we were doing on those backpacking trips to the Brokeback range.

Even more entertaining... I have another friend who sometimes goes backpacking with us. He is so homophobic that he refuses to share a tent. Unfortunately he is also a weight nazi. I've seen him cutting off the handle on his toothbrush, drilling holes in the handle of his fork and many other things to make up for the extra weight he carries by having to carry his own tent.
DirtyHippieUTE is offline   Reply With Quote