cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-26-2007, 08:58 PM   #11
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by RockyBalboa View Post
Like I said...you can make anything sound cool and right with the way in which you communicate. It's a very interesting way of coersion. One of which I reject.

If you want me to proffer a defense, all one has to do is go back and do various searches, and you will have all the proof you need. There is no need for me to expound upon the obvious, though sometimes I admittedly feel compelled to do so.

The ONLY differences I see between Aaronshaf and SeattleUte are intelligence and style points. Other than that they both see to cause upheavel when it comes to the beliefs of LDS. There's nothing in seeking knowledge and truth about what they do.
Seattle provides the worldview. If LDS are unwilling to stand and understand the worldview, we will cease to have legitimacy. We can have his watered down version of the worldview in the comfort of friends, or we can experience without that comfort. His view is not going to disappear because we ignore it.

I don't view Seattle as trying to cause upheaval, except with those silly enought to get riled up by some of his blindspots. He still has LDS relatives and will continue to have connection to the LDS faith for the remander of his life. Aaron is simply a mindless nothing. There is a wide chasm between the two.

And in seeking out a worldview defined by existing culture, Seattle in his own way is seeking truth and knowledge for himself.

The point is, you could find wisdom in the perspectives of others and if you chose to be more contemplative and diplomatic, we might find wisdom in your perspective. It is a false dichotomy that because somebody does not agree with me, he must be of the devil. I do not find your perspective to be Satanic, but simply one of a myriad of possibiliities. You see those who do not agree with you as apostates and of the devil. Are you not old enought to disbelieve that notion now?