cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 01-16-2007, 04:50 PM   #1
bigpiney

bigpiney
Send a message via AIM to bigpiney
Default The Last Season by Eric Blehm

I just finished this book last week and enjoyed it very much. It is in the same style of Krakauer's "Into the Wild", but Blehm doesn't put himself into the story like Jon has the tendency to do.
It is a story of a backcountry ranger, Randy Morgenson, in Sequia kings canyon national parks that disappears, the search for him and his history. He was kind of like a modern day Thoreau, except Morgenson didn't walk home 3 miles to have his mom wash his clothes on weekends like Thoreau did.

I was interested in this story because I hiked through this area in 1997, one year after his disappearance, and had some cross-county routes planned in the main search area. The ranger then told us if we found any remains or clothing to let someone know, but he suspected that Morgenson had just skipped town for Mexico, but to keep an eye out. I am also acquainted with with the love interest in the book, she lives down the street.

I recommend this book if you are like the outdoor genre. and it looks like a paperback is coming out at the end of the month.

http://www.amazon.com/s/104-2501965-...qs&Submit.x=10