cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Current Events
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 11-12-2006, 06:46 AM   #1
UtahDan

UtahDan is on a distinguished road
Default If I were this guy I would just pray to die of my injuries.

http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/11/11/D8LB3TUO0.html
Old 11-12-2006, 07:53 AM   #2
bluegoose

bluegoose is on a distinguished road

Man, that makes you sick just reading it. I can't imagine how the father is feeling right. I sure some shock, sorrow, maybe some guilt. I imagine the rage will hit pretty soon.
bluegoose is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2006, 03:25 PM   #3
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road
Default ??

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
Why? What??!!
Do you think his mother, brother, etc. feel the same way??
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 02:18 AM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by UtahDan View Post
On my mission in a third world country, I met a man who had just lost his wife, 4 kids, parents, brother and 2 sisters all in the same accident. They were loaded up in the back of a pickup truck (being driven by a drunk driver) who crashed, rolled the pickup, and killed them all.

His life became a hollow shell in an instant. We tried to comfort him as best we could with our testimony about eternal families, but he couldn't "forgive" himself for not being in the truck too. That was his only wish- that he could have also been in the truck. I can't imagine recovering from something like that.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2006, 04:30 AM   #5
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by hoyacoug View Post
On my mission in a third world country, I met a man who had just lost his wife, 4 kids, parents, brother and 2 sisters all in the same accident. They were loaded up in the back of a pickup truck (being driven by a drunk driver) who crashed, rolled the pickup, and killed them all.

His life became a hollow shell in an instant. We tried to comfort him as best we could with our testimony about eternal families, but he couldn't "forgive" himself for not being in the truck too. That was his only wish- that he could have also been in the truck. I can't imagine recovering from something like that.
It is a sentiment that makes sense. Once upon a time, there was a link to a sheriff in Tenn or Kentucky, who was asked to go to the scene of an accident involving the death of his son, duriing which he passed the scene of another accident, which he later discovered involved the death of his second son. Every time I think of that story, I imagine wanting to crawl up and die, if I were in a similar situation.

Or the story of the five kids in Utah who crawled into the trunk and were baked alive. Some families experience more cruelty in this life than anybody should be forced to bear. When I read of bombings in the Middle East and hear of thirteen family members dying, it becomes incomprehensible.

No, I can imagine what Dan is saying; death would be preferable than living when alll that you cared about was senselessly taken from you.