cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-26-2006, 11:21 PM   #1
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past
Default The good thing about a big tattoo

It's like announcing to the world, "Hey, I'm one of society's freaks and malcontents. You don't want to hire me, let me around your children, eat anything I prepare, or into your house."

It's actually really convenient. If, for example, the government proposed to put big tatoos on certain classes of criminals the ACLU would have a fit. But these people do it to themselves. It's in many ways a form of self-loathing and mutilation.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:24 PM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

one of dallas' best tattoo artists is in my ward.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2006, 11:27 PM   #3
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
one of dallas' best tattoo artists is in my ward.

LOL! That's funny for many reasons. What's that supposed to mean? So far as I can tell they just do these garish cartoons from patterns in this sickening blue ink. I wouldn't let Da Vinci tattoo me, but the ugly stuff they do is really over the top.

—Paul Auster
Old 09-26-2006, 11:36 PM   #4
MikeWaters
Demiurge

the guy in my ward is Dean Williams.

http://www.elmstreettattoo.com/

I would never get a tattoo, and I'm not a fan of them. But my brush is not so broad as to say there is no art in tattooing.

I sort of like the one with koi on the 2nd page.
Old 09-26-2006, 11:53 PM   #5
Surfah
Master

Surfah is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via AIM to Surfah Send a message via MSN to Surfah

I always wanted to have a sleeve while at BYU. My mother had her eyebrows tattooed on as she got tired of penciling them in and I have a sister with a nice tramp stamp at the top of her ass.

If I get one it will be in polynesia somewhere done by the ancient style.

Charles Barkley: "20 pts and 10 rebounds will get you through also!"
Surfah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 12:18 AM   #6
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Confessions boys, confessions.

For the most part, this poster is in complete agreement that tatoos are butt-ugly and they spell trailer trash.

However, I do appreciate, even if I do not like, Polynesian tattoos for a bygone era.

OTH, if you see a cute gal at the gym who often goes commando style, with a rose above the butt cheeks, doesn't every guy say, "well I wouldn't take her home to mamma, but I bet she doesn't hate sex." IOW, more carnally, you think, "yeah I'd take her out on a date."
Old 09-27-2006, 01:28 AM   #7
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
It's like announcing to the world, "Hey, I'm one of society's freaks and malcontents. You don't want to hire me, let me around your children, eat anything I prepare, or into your house."

It's actually really convenient. If, for example, the government proposed to put big tatoos on certain classes of criminals the ACLU would have a fit. But these people do it to themselves. It's in many ways a form of self-loathing and mutilation.
LOL. Amen.

On an unrelated note, I also consider the lottery to be a tax on stupid people. More specifically, a tax on those who lack even a rudimentary understanding of probability and statistics. Sadly, these are the folks least equiped to pay the tax. And so it goes.
Old 09-27-2006, 02:51 AM   #8
Detroitdad
Resident Jackass

Detroitdad is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Confessions boys, confessions.

For the most part, this poster is in complete agreement that tatoos are butt-ugly and they spell trailer trash.

However, I do appreciate, even if I do not like, Polynesian tattoos for a bygone era.

OTH, if you see a cute gal at the gym who often goes commando style, with a rose above the butt cheeks, doesn't every guy say, "well I wouldn't take her home to mamma, but I bet she doesn't hate sex." IOW, more carnally, you think, "yeah I'd take her out on a date."
From the stereotypes I must say that those tatoos on the lower back of the young ladies, correctly or not, can be best described as a highway sign pointing to a landing strip. And not for airplanes.

My favorite tatoo argument is that they show personality. In many cases I am sure that this is true, but seriously what does barb wire on your arm say about your personality? That you are not a very original thinker?

Of course,all this proves is that I am getting conventional in my old age.
Detroitdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2006, 03:09 AM   #9
MikeWaters
Demiurge

this is better than your average tattoo. Nice work Dean.

Old 09-27-2006, 03:21 AM   #10
SeattleUte

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
LOL. Amen.

On an unrelated note, I also consider the lottery to be a tax on stupid people. More specifically, a tax on those who lack even a rudimentary understanding of probability and statistics. Sadly, these are the folks least equiped to pay the tax. And so it goes.
Lol. Of course. There are lots of those taxes. Stupid people pay how much now for a carton of cigarettes? $45 or something. Most of it state tax.

—Paul Auster