cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-02-2006, 12:51 AM   #1
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road
Default Why I'm going for UCLA tomorrow

We live in a world of scarcity. BYU and Utah are direct competitors, competing for recruits, fans in the state of Utah, TV $, etc.

If Utah closed its athletic department, it would be all the better for BYU. And since that won't happen, I'll hope that they lose as much as possible.

Utah is our #1 competitor and I want to drive them out of business. I don't believe in this crap about a healthy rivalry is good for both. Let Utah die and let somebody like San Diego State or UNLV grow into a power and become a healthy rival.

Now I don't take this too far. I'm not consumed with this hatred for Utah. I don't watch Utah play (although I am interested enough in Ben Olson that I might watch tomorrow), I don't usually follow their players, I don't go on their forums and get in fights with their fans, I really don't care, and I really don't think about them outside of rivalry week. But if you want to know who I'd rather have win tomorrow it would be UCLA.

Last edited by jay santos; 09-02-2006 at 12:57 AM.
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:02 AM   #2
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
We live in a world of scarcity. BYU and Utah are direct competitors, competing for recruits, fans in the state of Utah, TV $, etc.

If Utah closed its athletic department, it would be all the better for BYU. And since that won't happen, I'll hope that they lose as much as possible.

Utah is our #1 competitor and I want to drive them out of business. I don't believe in this crap about a healthy rivalry is good for both. Let Utah die and let somebody like San Diego State or UNLV grow into a power and become a healthy rival.

Now I don't take this too far. I'm not consumed with this hatred for Utah. I don't watch Utah play (although I am interested enough in Ben Olson that I might watch tomorrow), I don't usually follow their players, I don't go on their forums and get in fights with their fans, I really don't care, and I really don't think about them outside of rivalry week. But if you want to know who I'd rather have win tomorrow it would be UCLA.

I disagree that you don't care or think about Utah. You admitted that you hate Utah and you have to care to hate.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2006, 01:10 AM   #3
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute
I disagree that you don't care or think about Utah. You admitted that you Utah and you have to care to .
When did I say I hate Utah? Maybe I did but I don't them. More like I them like I mosquitos.

I get really peeved at Ute fans that post on BYU forums sometimes. But I live and work in a pretty protected area of Utah county, and don't really think about you guys that much. I listen to sports radio but usually flip to FM when they're talking Utes not because I it but because it's boring. I know you guys had a QB controversy and Ratliff is your guy and that's about it.

Last edited by jay santos; 09-02-2006 at 01:14 AM.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:15 AM   #4
jay santos

Whoa...did the wierdest thing just happen where the word % " was eliminated from all the posts in this thread? Odd.
Old 09-02-2006, 01:23 AM   #5
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos
Whoa...did the wierdest thing just happen where the word % " was eliminated from all the posts in this thread? Odd.
I thought you had gone out of your way to not type "hate" anywhere in your post to prove that you don't hate the Utes. lol

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote