cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 07-27-2008, 05:44 AM   #11
Runner Coug

Runner Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
I loved Blackout and Animal Magnetism.
My favorite Scorps song is Lady Starlight, off of Animal Magnetism.

Runner Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:47 AM   #12
Runner Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
It's here in SLC August 7. Human League, Belinda Carlisle, ABC, Naked Eyes.
Flock of Seagulls, too.
Old 07-27-2008, 05:51 AM   #13
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
Flock of Seagulls, too.
That's right! How could I have forgotten that?

My wife and I are looking forward to this one. We're dragging our two oldest to the show (ages 15 and 13) to let them get a taste of our stuff. They don't like hearing it in the house or car, but they'll like it live or else.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:54 AM   #14
Runner Coug

Quote:
That's right! How could I have forgotten that?

My wife and I are looking forward to this one. We're dragging our two oldest to the show (ages 15 and 13) to let them get a taste of our stuff. They don't like hearing it in the house or car, but they'll like it live or else.
I suspect they'll like the music ok. What they won't like is all the 30 and 40-somethings in the crowd making out like teenagers.
Old 07-27-2008, 02:31 PM   #15
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

Quote:
DDD, has the Regeneration Tour been through Orange County yet?

It's here in SLC August 7. Human League, Belinda Carlisle, ABC, Naked Eyes. Dead or Alive dropped out for some reason.

I've got my tickets and will be there in my purple Izod shirt, Levi 501s (red tab), Sperry top-siders and Aviators.

It will be the most bitchin' concert of the year.
That is in another week or so and I definitely going. It skips OC and goes to SD and LA, so I will catch it in LA at Universal.

Unfortunately, Pete Burns is not touring anymore this summer, so I don't care to see Dead or Alive with a replacement singer (would have loved to have seen them with Pete). Also, Belinda can take a flying leap. I don't want to hear Circle in the Sand or Heaven is a Place on Earth. If she were with the Go-Gos, that is one thing, but solo....no thanks.

There are some other good nostalgia shows going on this summer.

Tonight is another really good one....English Beat, The Alarm, and The Fixx...right here at the HOB in Anaheim. Sunday. Boo. And no, this version of the English Beat still does not have Ranking Roger, just Dave Wakeling.

Another really good one that I want to see in at the HOB in late August is Dramarama, Gene Loves Jezebel, When In Rome, Missing Persons, Real Life, and Animotion. I really love Dramarama, I like GLJ and Missing Persons (just listened to "Walking in LA" yesterday) and for all I care, When in Rome can sing The Promise and then get their butts of the stage. Same with Real Life and "Send Me an Angel."

I still can't decide whether I should laugh or throw stuff when Animotion sings "Obsession."

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte

Last edited by TripletDaddy; 07-27-2008 at 02:36 PM.
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 06:39 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
That is in another week or so and I definitely going. It skips OC and goes to SD and LA, so I will catch it in LA at Universal.

Unfortunately, Pete Burns is not touring anymore this summer, so I don't care to see Dead or Alive with a replacement singer (would have loved to have seen them with Pete). Also, Belinda can take a flying leap. I don't want to hear Circle in the Sand or Heaven is a Place on Earth. If she were with the Go-Gos, that is one thing, but solo....no thanks.

There are some other good nostalgia shows going on this summer.

Tonight is another really good one....English Beat, The Alarm, and The Fixx...right here at the HOB in Anaheim. Sunday. Boo. And no, this version of the English Beat still does not have Ranking Roger, just Dave Wakeling.

Another really good one that I want to see in at the HOB in late August is Dramarama, Gene Loves Jezebel, When In Rome, Missing Persons, Real Life, and Animotion. I really love Dramarama, I like GLJ and Missing Persons (just listened to "Walking in LA" yesterday) and for all I care, When in Rome can sing The Promise and then get their butts of the stage. Same with Real Life and "Send Me an Angel."

I still can't decide whether I should laugh or throw stuff when Animotion sings "Obsession."
The show tonight in your part of the world would be tough to ignore. I respect you for not going, though I bet you would if Ranking Roger was there, eh?

Dramarama, GLJ and Missing Persons would be awesome. I haven't seen Dale for a long time, so I would think she may not look as good in her plastic outfits. Agree about Real Life, but I don't like When in Rome at all. As for Animotion, throw stuff and laugh.

I haven't even looked to see if either of those lineups are headed this way. They'd be fun shows.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
Old 07-27-2008, 06:42 PM   #17
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runner Coug View Post
I suspect they'll like the music ok. What they won't like is all the 30 and 40-somethings in the crowd making out like teenagers.
They're not big fans of the music right now. They weren't happy that I had my stuff going in the van when we were on our trip earlier this month and had no choice but to listen when their i-pods needed to be charged up.

And if they get sickened by the folks my age making out, they're really going to be impressed by my 80s dancing.