cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-21-2006, 12:47 AM   #21
Colly Wolly

Colly Wolly is an unknown quantity at this point

How long till Robin ruins this thread?
Colly Wolly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 04:52 AM   #22
shobeewan

shobeewan is on a distinguished road

I think it is because the church expects us to all be good little robots and this is one more way for it to keep us under it's control. Is that the answer you want?

I just don't understand your question, there is really nobody but yourself that is stopping you from talking about it to your spouse. It isn't like the church has got temple talk alarms that will go off if you mention anything that is too far. You have made the covenants in the temple and you are choosing not to talk about them. You are the only one who can answer the question as to why you can't talk about it. The gift of the endowment is just like the gift of the atonement, we can hold it in reverence or we can throw it in the mud and ignore it. Those are the extremes obviously but what level of respect you show those gifts will show Heavenly Father how much we truly love and respect him and what he has done for us.

It is a wonderful thing we have on this earth called agency. Heavenly Father gave us an amazing gift with the endowment and has promised blessing that are way beyond my comprehension if we remain faithful. I personally believe that by only talking about certain things concerning the temple when we are in fact inside the temple adds a reverence and a sacredness to the gift that Father has given us. But as I stated above if you choose to talk about it with your spouse, there isn't anyone on this world who can stop you.
shobeewan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2006, 02:16 PM   #23
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by shobeewan
I think it is because the church expects us to all be good little robots and this is one more way for it to keep us under it's control. Is that the answer you want?

I just don't understand your question, there is really nobody but yourself that is stopping you from talking about it to your spouse. It isn't like the church has got temple talk alarms that will go off if you mention anything that is too far. You have made the covenants in the temple and you are choosing not to talk about them. You are the only one who can answer the question as to why you can't talk about it. The gift of the endowment is just like the gift of the atonement, we can hold it in reverence or we can throw it in the mud and ignore it. Those are the extremes obviously but what level of respect you show those gifts will show Heavenly Father how much we truly love and respect him and what he has done for us.

It is a wonderful thing we have on this earth called agency. Heavenly Father gave us an amazing gift with the endowment and has promised blessing that are way beyond my comprehension if we remain faithful. I personally believe that by only talking about certain things concerning the temple when we are in fact inside the temple adds a reverence and a sacredness to the gift that Father has given us. But as I stated above if you choose to talk about it with your spouse, there isn't anyone on this world who can stop you.
Best answer yet.
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote