cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 06-19-2006, 11:07 PM   #11
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by stonewallperry
You know what I do like discussion, but for some reason, I feel like when I speak with you it's me sharing, and you challenging. Why do I never finish having a clue what you think? I would enjoy it a lot more if I knew your opinion on these issues.
My apologies, I could see how you could interpret my communication skills in such a manner, I will do better...

For your reading pleasure:

Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken-He is our FATHER andour GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do. Every man upon the earth, professing Christians or non-professing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later. They came here, organized the raw material, and arranged in their order the herbs of the field, the trees, the apple, the peach, the plum, the pear, and every other fruit that is desirable and good forman; the seed was brought from another sphere, and planted in this earth. The thistle, the thorn, the brier, and the obnoxious weed did not appear until after the earth was cursed. When Adam and Eve had eaten of the forbidden fruit, their bodies became mortal from its effects, and therefore their offspring were mortal. When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, theFather had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by theHoly Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he took a tabernacle, it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel, and the rest ofthe sons and daughters of Adam and Eve; from the fruits of the earth, the first earthly tabernacles were originated by the Father, and so on in succession.I could tell you much more about this; but were I to tell you the wholetruth, blasphemy would be nothing to it, in the estimation of the superstitiousand over-righteous of mankind.

http://journalofdiscourses.org/Vol_01/refJDvol1-10.html

Discourse of Brigham Young.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:10 PM   #12
stonewallperry

stonewallperry

Quote:
Originally Posted by fusnik11
My apologies, I could see how you could interpret my communication skills in such a manner, I will do better...

For your reading pleasure:

Now hear it, O inhabitants of the earth, Jew and Gentile, Saint and sinner! When our father Adam came into the garden of Eden, he came into it with a celestial body, and brought Eve, one of his wives, with him. He helped to make and organize this world. He is MICHAEL, the Archangel, the ANCIENT OF DAYS! about whom holy men have written and spoken-He is our FATHER andour GOD, and the only God with whom WE have to do. Every man upon the earth, professing Christians or non-professing, must hear it, and will know it sooner or later. They came here, organized the raw material, and arranged in their order the herbs of the field, the trees, the apple, the peach, the plum, the pear, and every other fruit that is desirable and good forman; the seed was brought from another sphere, and planted in this earth. The thistle, the thorn, the brier, and the obnoxious weed did not appear until after the earth was cursed. When Adam and Eve had eaten of the forbidden fruit, their bodies became mortal from its effects, and therefore their offspring were mortal. When the Virgin Mary conceived the child Jesus, theFather had begotten him in his own likeness. He was not begotten by theHoly Ghost. And who is the Father? He is the first of the human family; and when he took a tabernacle, it was begotten by his Father in heaven, after the same manner as the tabernacles of Cain, Abel, and the rest ofthe sons and daughters of Adam and Eve; from the fruits of the earth, the first earthly tabernacles were originated by the Father, and so on in succession.I could tell you much more about this; but were I to tell you the wholetruth, blasphemy would be nothing to it, in the estimation of the superstitiousand over-righteous of mankind.

http://journalofdiscourses.org/Vol_01/refJDvol1-10.html

Discourse of Brigham Young.

Interesting...
stonewallperry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2006, 11:11 PM   #13
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Hey stonewall, you must have missed the (one of many) big Liberal Mormon pow-wows about the Adam-God theory.

Here's some help:

http://cougarguard.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1609
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2006, 04:02 AM   #14
The_Tick

The_Tick is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via ICQ to The_Tick Send a message via MSN to The_Tick

I like ya Fus...I really do.

Just a quicky disclaimer for SWP....

If BY said is, Fus follows it.

Carry on
Old 06-20-2006, 03:37 PM   #15
fusnik11

fusnik11 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Tick
I like ya Fus...I really do.

Just a quicky disclaimer for SWP....

If BY said is, Fus follows it.

Carry on
I do, I do, I do...

I just find the whole idea interesting. I find the relationship with Brigham, his apostles, the church interesting as well.
fusnik11 is offline   Reply With Quote