cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 05-07-2008, 02:02 PM   #11
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

clinton's supporters are redneck racists. you like them better?
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 02:17 PM   #12
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by BYU71 View Post
Is Obama dillusional or a prime time huckster.

How does someone who is so extreme in their political views become a great uniter. He really thinks he is such a great speaker that all of us conservatives are going to unite under is ultra liberal agenda? If he were a more middle of the road guy or just left of center, I could buy the "uniter" claims.

Look at his base besides the black community, which by the way is reasonable. Romney would probably carry 90% of the mormon vote. Culture voting is understandable.

However, the rest of his base is the under 30 crowd. They aren't old enough to understand reality yet. The other part of his base is the "educated" crowd. By that they are referring to the University elite types. Anyone who has sat in a college class and then ventured out into the real world knows most professors live in lala land.

Don't pull out people like Buffet as an example I am wrong. I am talking about his base. Of course he has supporters that don't fall into the base category. However, that base is what is winning him the nomination.
Obama has everything going for him and nothing to prevent him from winning. However, I agree with the analysis that his natural leanings of being an extreme liberal make it impossible for him to be a uniter.

He's attractive to blacks and the under 30 crowd and that's about it. You have an outlier or two such as Cali, but basically those are his strengths.

Democrats just don't get it. Uniting comes from the middle not one extreme or another. If he wins, which I predict he will absent a few more snafoos, for which I pray, he will be more divisive than Bush ever was. He has no leadership or unification skills. We social libertarian, fiscal conservatives are appalled by his policies and platform.
Old 05-07-2008, 02:18 PM   #13
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
clinton's supporters are redneck racists. you like them better?
I try to make a thoughtful reasoned post and you have to come back spewing a one line bullshit response.

Yea Mike, I like redneck racists, duh. YOu a pretty smart guy. You dun figured out it isn't I don't like Obama because he is a far left liberal, but I don't like him because he is one of them black fellers. You college educated guys are too dang smart for me.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2008, 03:53 PM   #14
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

You guys got this Hillary strategy all wrong. No matter what she publicly says, this isn't about topping Obama on delegates. (I mean, she'd love to do that, but she knows it's a long shot.)

She's trying to stay alive just long enough to use the convention rules to her benefit. If she can deny Obama a majority, she may be able to force a brokered convention.

This is how she gets the nomination (if at all).

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote