cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-29-2008, 02:46 PM   #1
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Is anybody really afraid of Obama?

Rev Wright goes on his own "Let's Destroy Obama's Chances" speaking tour, as if he has Obama's nose between his fingers, flapping Obama's head back and forth. Obama's response is some kind of measured, "I don't agree with the words of my 'former' pastor."

Then today, in a state in which Obama has a huge lead, North Carolina Governor Easely endorses Clinton. He does this knowing that Obama can't lose his lead in delegates and will likely hold on with the popular vote. What a facial to Obama.

I watched Obama play basketball the other day. It wasn't as bad as the bowling and he does have some skills. But he's the antithesis of a banger and he plays very much like an overthinking white guy. Mike would kill him.

And Obama wants to go negotiate on our behalf with the Iranians?

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:51 PM   #2
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point

I'm not any more afraid of Obama than I am of any other black guy.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 02:59 PM   #3
hyrum

hyrum is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by myboynoah View Post
I watched Obama play basketball the other day. It wasn't as bad as the bowling and he does have some skills. But he's the antithesis of a banger and he plays very much like an overthinking white guy. Mike would kill him.

Some of those Ayatollahs have mad skillz.
hyrum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:01 PM   #4
Cali Coug

Cali Coug has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Rev Wright goes on his own "Let's Destroy Obama's Chances" speaking tour, as if he has Obama's nose between his fingers, flapping Obama's head back and forth. Obama's response is some kind of measured, "I don't agree with the words of my 'former' pastor."

Then today, in a state in which Obama has a huge lead, North Carolina Governor Easely endorses Clinton. He does this knowing that Obama can't lose his lead in delegates and will likely hold on with the popular vote. What a facial to Obama.

There is a reason McCain is distancing himself from the use of Wright as an attack tool. He knows it only goes back to him full circle with Hagee, Falwell and others. Eventually the rest of you will figure it out too.

I haven't heard the term "facial" in a while. Easely is a lame-duck governor, and the Dem candidate has already endorsed Obama. It isn't a big impact, though it is surprising. I don't know what his logic is, other than he simply prefers Clinton. Too little too late.
Cali Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:02 PM   #5
Cali Coug

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
I'm not any more afraid of Obama than I am of any other black guy.
Yeah, but your a typical white guy who crosses the street to avoid black people, right?

Old 04-29-2008, 04:07 PM   #6
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
Yeah, but your a typical white guy who crosses the street to avoid black people, right?

You're confusing YOhio with Obama's grandmother.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:10 PM   #7
myboynoah

myboynoah is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
There is a reason McCain is distancing himself from the use of Wright as an attack tool. He knows it only goes back to him full circle with Hagee, Falwell and others. Eventually the rest of you will figure it out too.

I haven't heard the term "facial" in a while. Easely is a lame-duck governor, and the Dem candidate has already endorsed Obama. It isn't a big impact, though it is surprising. I don't know what his logic is, other than he simply prefers Clinton. Too little too late.
So I guess you answer is nobody.

Religion rises inevitably from our apprehension of our own death. To give meaning to meaninglessness is the endless quest of all religion. When death becomes the center of our consciousness, then religion authentically begins. Of all religions that I know, the one that most vehemently and persuasively defies and denies the reality of death is the original Mormonism of the Prophet, Seer and Revelator, Joseph Smith.
myboynoah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:11 PM   #8
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

The anti-Obama fear-mongering machine is starting to warm up.

"He's black, his name isn't American, and he has a hidden dark agenda."

That will be the crux of the attack.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2008, 04:13 PM   #9
Cali Coug

Quote:
So I guess you answer is nobody.
If nobody was afraid of Obama, he wouldn't be discussed at all.