cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 04-13-2008, 04:58 AM   #1
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

YOhio is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Obama's recent statement

on bitter voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio brings to mind this old Onion piece on Al Gore (I saw this on instapundit). Read it. It's very funny.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...pennsylvania_a

Quote:
"Of all the stories I have heard on this trip, none has touched me more deeply than that of Karen Swendeman of New Castle," Gore said. "At the young age of 18, Karen married her high-school sweetheart Jeff. Not long after, she gave birth to twins. But less than a year later, her joy turned to the deepest grief when Jeff was killed in a foundry accident. As young Karen looked into my eyes and whined, 'Oh, Mr. Gore, I can't afford this, I can't afford that,' I felt my very gorge rising up the back of my throat. I mean, why do Pennsylvania's stupid broads go and get knocked up like that?"

Last edited by YOhio; 04-13-2008 at 05:00 AM.
YOhio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:00 AM   #2
JohnnyLingo

JohnnyLingo has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Obama's made of Teflon. I'd be very surprised if anything he says or does in the next few months, no matter how outlandish, sticks to him.
JohnnyLingo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:05 AM   #3
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Obama's made of Teflon. I'd be very surprised if anything he says or does in the next few months, no matter how outlandish, sticks to him.
You speak the truth. And it's a damn shame too.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2008, 05:06 AM   #4
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
on bitter voters in Pennsylvania and Ohio brings to mind this old Onion piece on Al Gore (I saw this on instapundit). Read it. It's very funny.

http://www.theonion.com/content/news...pennsylvania_a
Dang, that was funny. I loved this paragraph:

Continued Gore: "I also recall Herman Eisler of Shippensburg, who fought bravely in the Second World War and raised a family in a house he built himself. When the Social Security Administration failed Herman–because, I don't know, he needed some pills or something and couldn't get them–he turned into a bitter, pathetic shell of a man that no one could stand to be around. What a loser."

The Onion rocks.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.

Last edited by il Padrino Ute; 04-13-2008 at 05:10 AM.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:10 AM   #5
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnyLingo View Post
Who knows. It was a stupid thing for him to say and I don't agree with him in total, but I can see his point. I know these people to whom he's referring and his assessment isn't too far off.
Old 04-13-2008, 05:17 AM   #6
YOhio
AKA SeattleNewt

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
Dang, that was funny. I loved this paragraph:

Continued Gore: "I also recall Herman Eisler of Shippensburg, who fought bravely in the Second World War and raised a family in a house he built himself. When the Social Security Administration failed Herman–because, I don't know, he needed some pills or something and couldn't get them–he turned into a bitter, pathetic shell of a man that no one could stand to be around. What a loser."

The Onion rocks.
That was great. This part cracked me up too:

Later in the day, Gore made an appearance at the Johnstown Agriculture Fair, at which he served as judge in the Sorghum Queen pageant. The vice-president was overheard making numerous inflammatory comments off-microphone, including, "Get these bitches out of here" and, "This is someone's idea of an attractive woman?" One contestant, attempting to present Gore with a bushel of Pennsylvania apples, was reportedly waved aside with the words, "No. No f*cking way."
Old 04-13-2008, 05:41 AM   #7
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOhio View Post
That was great. This part cracked me up too:

Later in the day, Gore made an appearance at the Johnstown Agriculture Fair, at which he served as judge in the Sorghum Queen pageant. The vice-president was overheard making numerous inflammatory comments off-microphone, including, "Get these bitches out of here" and, "This is someone's idea of an attractive woman?" One contestant, attempting to present Gore with a bushel of Pennsylvania apples, was reportedly waved aside with the words, "No. No f*cking way."
Yes, that was great. Too, too funny.