cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 03-19-2008, 01:43 AM   #1
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve
Default winterpills

One of my new favorite indie bands.....winterpills. Fun to listen to.

I have included them in my CG playlist, but in case you cant stream that from work, I am just putting a shout out to them here.

They toured with Mates of State (by tour, I mean they came to LA and played a tiny room with about 60 people in it) and recently came out earlier on the month and played in LA for $10. These guys are awesome and hopefully will do some interesting things over the next few years.

You can go to their myspace page to listen to most of their disc, The Light Divides. Here is a sample. The whole disc is really good. This one is called Broken Arm. Youtube has several clips like this one, taken from a live in studio appearance on WMBR's nationally known indie show, Pipeline.

if you like this stuff, it is worth it to check out the WMBR Pipeline website, too.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 02:01 AM   #2
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point

pretty cool. however no lead singer that looks like and is old as Garrison Keillor is going to be a popular rock star.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2008, 03:59 AM   #3
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

He looks exactly like a partner in my firm that works in our transfer pricing group. Same girth, too.

I think he is married to the female keyboardist, so it is probably for the better that he is not tempted by groupies.

If they are truly worth their indie salt, they will never become rock stars anyway.

But I agree, they certainly have not spent a lot of time working on their image.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote