cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Chit Chat
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-20-2008, 01:55 PM   #101
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Jefe View Post
I personally don't think Alkili was a weasel, he honestly didn't think it would turn into such a big deal. He was an easy target for everyone's hatred (along with me, of course).

With all due respect (and in the cyber world that may mot be too much) I think you are vastly overstating the importance of what happened to most of us. I don't hate him, or you. That would be silly. OTOH, Akili betrayed a trust. We all agreed that what was discussed would not be public and he failed to abide by his agreement. Does that make him a weasel? Why yes, it does, in fact. It doesn't bother you because you wanted to hear what he had said. (And let me add parenthetically that I was never impressed with the whole double account caper in the first place) Nonetheless, he violated a trust and then lied about it. So he lied on both ends. That is not an impressive performance and is, in fact, quite weasel-y.

Last edited by creekster; 02-20-2008 at 02:03 PM.
creekster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:25 PM   #102
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
With all due respect (and in the cyber world that may mot be too much) I think you are vastly overstating the importance of what happened to most of us. I don't hate him, or you. That would be silly. OTOH, Akili betrayed a trust. We all agreed that what was discussed would not be public and he failed to abide by his agreement. Does that make him a weasel? Why yes, it does, in fact. It doesn't bother you because you wanted to hear what he had said. (And let me add parenthetically that I was never impressed with the whole double account caper in the first place) Nonetheless, he violated a trust and then lied about it. So he lied on both ends. That is not an impressive performance and is, in fact, quite weasel-y.
We should've seen it coming. Those CB Softball ties run deep.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:30 PM   #103
jay santos

jay santos is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
Anyone care to summarize the Akili scandal for those of us who missed it?
jay santos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:36 PM   #104
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by jay santos View Post
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 02:48 PM   #105
jay santos

Quote:
Originally Posted by Indy Coug View Post
Can't get youtube at work. I'll assume it's a slam on me or on those who got caught up in the akili controversy.
Old 02-20-2008, 03:04 PM   #106
Indy Coug

Indy Coug is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Can't get youtube at work. I'll assume it's a slam on me or on those who got caught up in the akili controversy.
It's the scene from Airplane II where the jive-speaking passenger testifies as to Ted Striker's competency.
Indy Coug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 03:55 PM   #107
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think Akili won friendship on Cougarguard, got into the crypt and then either let El Jefe have his username and password or returned and reported on the nefarious things Cougarguarders were plotting to bring down Cougarboard and probably undermine the Kingdom of God as we know it. Akili sold his soul for 2nd string shortstop and the chance to enter the game after the first E-5.

The entire sordid affair is gay.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:07 PM   #108
YardTime

YardTime

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Akili sold his soul for 2nd string shortstop and the chance to enter the game after the first E-5.
So if the 3rd baseman makes an error, alkili gets to go into the game as the 2nd string SS? Is this because the 1st string SS moves over to 3rd?

Regardless.....I agree with your sentiment.
YardTime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #109
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
I think Akili won friendship on Cougarguard, got into the crypt and then either let El Jefe have his username and password or returned and reported on the nefarious things Cougarguarders were plotting to bring down Cougarboard and probably undermine the Kingdom of God as we know it. Akili sold his soul for 2nd string shortstop and the chance to enter the game after the first E-5.

I played basketball with Alkili 2 weeks ago, here is how the conversation went:

"Which one of you is cougjunkie?"

(nobody answers )

Hotlunch says: "Why do you want to fight him?"

Alkili: "maybe."

Hotlunch says: "I would be careful"

Alkili: "I think he wants to fight me, isnt he one of MikeWaters cronies?. all those guys hate me."

I still never revealed to him who I was, I guess until now if he is reading this.
Old 02-20-2008, 04:13 PM   #110
jay santos

Quote:

E6...