cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 02-08-2008, 03:45 PM   #1
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point
Default We did win one from USC!

Bernard Afutiti had an SC offer here is his quote about USC:

Following his trip to BYU, Afutiti had USC coaches trying hard to schedule a trip with him in hopes of securing his signature on Letter of Intent Singing Day. For Afutiti, however, there was no need. “I’m from Southern California,” said Afutiti, who hails from Fontana. “What am I going to learn from tripping to USC? I know what USC is and what they have to offer.BYU has more to offer for me and for my family, and that is why I’m going to BYU.”
Old 02-08-2008, 04:01 PM   #2
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Bernard Afutiti had an SC offer here is his quote about USC:

Following his trip to BYU, Afutiti had USC coaches trying hard to schedule a trip with him in hopes of securing his signature on Letter of Intent Singing Day. For Afutiti, however, there was no need. “I’m from Southern California,” said Afutiti, who hails from Fontana. “What am I going to learn from tripping to USC? I know what USC is and what they have to offer.BYU has more to offer for me and for my family, and that is why I’m going to BYU.”
Sounds good. Lets hope he qualifies.

Does anyone know the genuine likelihood of either him, Seta Pouhaha, Chambers or Bol not making it?

My two favorite recruits from this year are Seta and Chambers for playing the game, and Bol is my favorite for other reasons. I would be devestated...even more devestated than when I learned Jay Santos is not impressed with BYU's recruiting rankings....
Old 02-08-2008, 04:07 PM   #3
cougjunkie

cougjunkie is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Sounds good. Lets hope he qualifies.

Does anyone know the genuine likelihood of either him, Seta Pouhaha, Chambers or Bol not making it?

My two favorite recruits from this year are Seta and Chambers for playing the game, and Bol is my favorite for other reasons. I would be devestated...even more devestated than when I learned Jay Santos is not impressed with BYU's recruiting rankings....
Chambers has taken the ACT twice and he has gotten an 18 both times, he needs a 19 to qualify.

Seta Pohahau is a few point away and he needs to get his GPA up he is the furthest away from qualifying.

Bol has good grades 3.5 GPA but he is struggling the ACT because of his language barrier.

Afutiti is only a few credits short of getting his AA, so along with Chambers he is the most likely to qualify.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:12 PM   #4
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by cougjunkie View Post
Chambers has taken the ACT twice and he has gotten an 18 both times, he needs a 19 to qualify.

Seta Pohahau is a few point away and he needs to get his GPA up he is the furthest away from qualifying.

Bol has good grades 3.5 GPA but he is struggling the ACT because of his language barrier.

Afutiti is only a few credits short of getting his AA, so along with Chambers he is the most likely to qualify.

Sounds like Seta is a longshot. Who knows how they, both BYU and NCAA clearinghouse will treat Bol - my guess is the various Houses of the Lord in Idaho and Twin Falls might want to suspend chili from its kitchen menus indefinitely, and it appears that both Chambers and Ah-foo-tiddy will both make it.
Old 02-08-2008, 04:25 PM   #5
Coach McGuirk

Coach McGuirk is on a distinguished road

Don't forget DDD, He chose BYU over SC. I just wish he would have held a press conference.
"Hey! It's all ball bearings nowadays. Now you prepare that Fetzer valve with some 3-in-1 oil and some gauze pads. And I'm gonna need 'bout ten quarts of anti-freeze, preferably Prestone. No, no make that Quaker State. "
Coach McGuirk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2008, 04:27 PM   #6
Goatnapper'96

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coach McGuirk View Post
Don't forget DDD, He chose BYU over SC. I just wish he would have held a press conference.
And miracles of miracles, that ball licking former TO Lancer and pretentious indulged Conejo Valley born and bred twit didn't transer!

He actually stuck it through......
Old 02-08-2008, 04:54 PM   #7
TripletDaddy

TripletDaddy can only hope to improve

USC yadda yadda yadda USC yadda yadda USC USC USC.

Nobody gives a crap. Go to the USC board.

"Everyone is against me. Everyone is fawning for 3D's attention and defending him." -- SeattleUte
TripletDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote