cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Old 09-21-2007, 07:01 PM   #21
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Is there any hope for Iran?
Not until it loses its religious regime. It needs a truly corrupt agnostic regime as opposed to a truly corrupt sectarian regime.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:17 PM   #22
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Not until it loses its religious regime. It needs a truly corrupt agnostic regime as opposed to a truly corrupt sectarian regime.
If mindfulcoug represents the educated upper class that should advocate tolerance, it is up a creek without a paddle. Perhaps she is just afraid of the authorities in her land, but she may want to ensure she doesn't live around anything of any tactical importance.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:27 PM   #23
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
If mindfulcoug represents the educated upper class that should advocate tolerance, it is up a creek without a paddle. Perhaps she is just afraid of the authorities in her land, but she may want to ensure she doesn't live around anything of any tactical importance.
Mindful is harmless, it's her associates that might not be. She is a true believer in the sense that she believes in her regime and its purpose. It's nice to converse with such.

Iran will someday play the brinkmanship too far though.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:56 PM   #24
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Mindful is harmless, it's her associates that might not be. She is a true believer in the sense that she believes in her regime and its purpose. It's nice to converse with such.

I love her presence on this venue, I am just pointing out that the reality that her beloved regime in on a collision course with the West. I doubt we ever see an invasion into Iran, but I still would not want to live too close to any targets of tactical importance.
Old 09-21-2007, 07:59 PM   #25
Sleeping in EQ

Sleeping in EQ is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Is there any hope for Iran?
Academics have been subverting and getting arrested, as have students and some others. Unless more people get involved it doesn't look too good right now.
"Do not despise the words of prophets, but test everything; hold fast to what is good; " 1 Thess. 5:21 (NRSV)

We all trust our own unorthodoxies.
Sleeping in EQ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-22-2007, 11:56 AM   #26
Mindfulcoug

Mindfulcoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelBlue View Post
He raises 3 main points, the first two of which are utter nonsense.

1) 60 million people died as a result of WWII, why is everyone so worked up about the 6 million Jews?

2) Somehow while giving equal or greater weight to the notion that the holocaust is a "myth", he states that he's simply interested in the supposed event from a research standpoint. He makes this point as though there is scant evidence for the event in the first place.

Mindful, I'd really have a tough time taking anything else you say seriously if you agree with either of these two sentiments.

His point number 3) "If" it did happen (yeah, there's a guy who just wants to further the research on the holocaust) where did it happen? Why are the Palestinians the ones who must pay for what the Germans did?

This is a much more salient point, and he'd look a lot more credible to the rest of the world if he stuck with that line of thinking (minus the "if").
um...not sure why i cannot catch the utter nonsense in here...something wrong with the math or the myth ??? or what

and about the third point...
(has it happend for you to recognise your honest effort is not going to make people believe you ..its pretty darn feeling..but any way ..)

if it did happen means if it did happen the way you describe it and believe its true ...no ,if it basically happend or not .thats all.

Mr,Ahmadinejad doesnot know/believe to play with the words as most politician do , its the reason why he gets intro trouble most of the time.

but i like it when he haphazardly does smart ..like this win-win story.

I am not a fan of Mr,Ahmadinejad .. but i might reconsider the probability of being nice with him if he provides a first class return ticket ,a luxury stay with the complete facilities to investigate beauty surgery and muslim ladies's business here in iran for our Goatnapper'96 !
(i just can no longer see him struggling with plenty of questions in his mind .)

ps:he should take cougjunki with himself.too ..this guy seems truely inspiring!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:04 PM   #27
Mindfulcoug

Quote:

i really like to know how this elite idea inspired you ?? i wonder what you think about these equations:

ayatollah and president = elites

ayatollah and president= radicals

mindfulcoug = elite associates

mindfulcoug =radical

hell ,no iam too nice to be a radical muslim..but i dont think i would mind to try a suicide attack at weekend!
Old 09-22-2007, 12:08 PM   #28
Mindfulcoug

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sleeping in EQ View Post
Academics have been subverting and getting arrested, as have students and some others. Unless more people get involved it doesn't look too good right now.
have you heard of academics holocaust deniers in Austria and france?