cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-22-2007, 08:12 PM   #1
Quisqueyano

Quisqueyano
Default Todays ride (for BYUPrides education)

I rode up the canyon today. My equipment included a long sleeved under armour shirt under my jersey and long tight over my shorts. I was fine on the way up. But still froze on the way down.
Anyway, I decided to do the ride different today. I usually ride in my big ring and work on power. Today, I decided to drop to the middle ring. I wanted to take the work off my legs and put it on my heart and lungs.
I rode the lower gear, but was able to increase my cadence (over the bigger gear) my I would guess about 40-50%. I was able to maintain the same speeds as with the bigger gear and reached the same mile marker. My legs feel great and I was actually able to come out of the saddle and accelerate at times.
I also worked on my peddle stroke. Especially concentrating on pointing my toes dows 20-25 degrees at the bottom of my power stroke. That helped me maximize the pull on the up stroke.
It was a good ride today. I can feel myself getting stronger on the climbs. Which has always been my weakness.
Sorry for rambling. I just thought I would share. Especially since there is a newby hanging around here.
Quisqueyano is offline   Reply With Quote