cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 12-16-2005, 07:40 AM   #1
ute4ever
I must not tell lies

ute4ever is an unknown quantity at this point
Default Jesus and the woman taken in adultery

Many people speculate that Jesus was married and one of the more popular names is that he was married to Mary Magdalene. Some are shocked because they have an image of him being so clean and her so dirty.

Well let me take it to the next level. Suppose his wife was the woman taken in adultery and dropped at his feet. Perhaps his inquiry of "where is thy husband" is what causes her to drop her head even more in shame.

As for the Jesus-haters in his day, why wouldn't they want to publicly humiliate him like that?

So this is my point: Jesus is the example of forgiveness, kindness and charity; suppose that was his wife.....think of how quick he was to forgive her, what an example that is for us.

Moreover, even if that woman wasn't his wife, it raises the idea....if his wife, although someone else, really did do the same thing....his reaction would have been the same. If her heart was truly sorry and was repenting, He would have been just as fast to forgive, correct?
ute4ever is offline   Reply With Quote