cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 09-25-2006, 06:13 PM   #11
Goatnapper'96
Recruiting Coordinator/Bosom Inspector

Goatnapper'96 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fumamota McChopperdave View Post
For me, it comes down to two games: TCU and Utah. If Bronco doesn't at least get a split out of these two games, I don't know if we've really made any progress. Of course, all the fluffy stuff is better (team attitude, enthusiasm, etc) but the results haven't changed much.

That said, even if we have a mediocre year this season, I think we'll be better next year than most people think. 4 out of 5 O linemen will be back, opening holes for Fui and Manase. The receiving corps will be back (other than the TEs) along with the chosen one, Elder Collie the younger, and the defense will return a host of well-salted players. If Hall can be average, just average, we could make some noise.
If Hall is a good qb, the offense in 2008 should be really good. Austin Collie will give the Y a legitimate downfield threat that they are missing. I thought Austin was better than Watkins. He is not the pure burner, but he is fast enough and good enough to create seperation and will definitely stretch the field vertically, especially with respect to the 15-25 yard routes.

I went into this year with 6 games that I thought BYU should win without any issues: Utah State, UNLV, SDSU, WYO, AF and UNM. I gave BYU a slight edge against CSU and Tulsa. I thought the Utah and Ariz games were toss ups and BYU should not beat BC and TCU. I think the Y has a better shot against TCU than I thought, but Bronco needs a signature win or it will start to get out of control from the various pundits.