cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Art/Movies/Media/Music/Books
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-30-2006, 01:56 AM   #1
Jeff Lebowski
Charon

Jeff Lebowski is on a distinguished road
Default Top five war movies

OK, things are too serious lately here on CG. Here is my attempt at a diversion. Name your top five war movies of all time. Here is my list (in order):

1) Saving Private Ryan

The gold standard.

2) Platoon

I was blown away by this movie when I first saw it. Great story, script, casting, etc. A very moving and thought-provoking film.

3) Thin Red Line

Some folks didn't like this, but I thought it was great. The part where they took the hill on Guadalcanal was classic.

4) Band of Brothers

Yeah, I know. It's not a movie, it's a series. But it was so well-done that I had to put it on the list. My only complaint was that it had some fairly boring filler material in places. Could have been shortened by a couple of hours. But exceptionally well-done overall.

5) The Deer Hunter

An oldie but goodie.