cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-08-2015, 05:41 AM   #1
MikeWaters
Demiurge

MikeWaters is an unknown quantity at this point
Default When I look at my daughter

I am concerned that down the line she will not feel like the church is worth her time and effort. Or that if she does attend, it will be so out of grudging duty.

Because she will feel out of place. Unwanted. Unneeded.

That she can be a dynamic leader in her non-church life, but not so in her church life.

I think we have this dynamic right now where the women of the church, for the most part, don't want to do more. I'm talking about the older women. The unsatisfied women have already left.

These girls have no role models in the church of leadership and compelling though. For me personally, the only female church leaders that were interesting were Chieko Okazaki and her cohort. She was the like the female Uchtdorf. But she's long gone now. In fact, the clock has been rolled back, and it's hard to imagine someone like her serving in church leadership now. Someone that independent who speaks her mind.

I like to think that this will play out a different way. That there will be a new era. And that the expanded role of women will usher in a renaissance of spiritual power and blessings. Imagine receiving a blessing from your mother. Or your sister. Or your daughter.
MikeWaters is offline   Reply With Quote