cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-12-2006, 07:56 PM   #1
DirtyHippieUTE

DirtyHippieUTE is on a distinguished road
Default Saturday Rides...

Did 50 with a guy from school and a guy from the ward today. Both guys are pretty incredible athletes. One used to be a professional distance runner the other raced pro xc mountain bike before he came to school. I got a laugh out of watching them just walk away from me on even the slightest hills then think I had crashed because of how far ahead they had gotten.

You would think after the first couple of hills they would have realized that I really am that slow on the climbs but they still looked surprised every time I'd catch up.

"Dude, we looked back and you were gone. Did you have a mechanical?"

"Nope... I'm just that slow."

One highlight of the day was watching two guys who are trying to be extremely friendly (I introduced them today) battle their competative deamons. On the last "big" hill of the day one guy jumped out in front for a second because he thought a car was coming. The other thought he was making a break and suddenly they're both flying up the hill. Before I knew it they were dots on the horizon.

I love hanging out with people who are smarter, fitter, or more talented than me. I always seem to learn something. Today I learned that when I get out of the saddle to climb I am doing it wrong.