cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 08-01-2006, 09:01 PM   #17
RockyBalboa

RockyBalboa is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to RockyBalboa

Quote:
Originally Posted by All-American
And how do you respond to people who are out to kill you?

You acknowledged that history "is repeating itself now." Are you likewise able to find a solution? And just for fun, could you find it from the Book of Mormon?
I already stated there isn't a perfect solution, but I do know that we can't REACT to what's happening. I think the pro-active approach to stemming another disastrous terrorist attack on American Soil thus far is working.

Will it work forever? I don't think so. Most believe it's only inevitable before an attack on our soil occurs on a much larger scale.

If pre-emptive and strategic attacks on terrorist camps, locations, and variety of carried out plans occur then I'm fine with that, but I'm no military strategic expert.

I just don't understand the mind set of those who think we should just sit back, have a stogie and watch things happen. It's that kind of attitude that prevents us from preventing 9/11's.

Instead, we'll have people who'll justify terrorists doing what they are.