cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-10-2008, 03:17 PM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
Nice straw man, Tex. Unless I missed something, nobody has claimed the complete absence of a continuum. The argument is about the typical case. To turn your overly simplistic logic around, the very existence of any who say it was not their choice tends to undermine the Absolutist gay-is-a-choice crowd.
Of course it does. I don't know how many of those Absolutist gay-is-a-choice folks post here, but I'm not one of them. The only Absolutist in this conversation is you.

I don't know how you can identify a "typical" case with any objectivity. Please, do enlighten me on what the "typical" gay case is, and explain the parameters of how you've identified exactly why that case is typical.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff Lebowski View Post
As for your request for "evidence", I gave you a link to an article about a BYU prof. who summarizes research in this area. Why did you not comment on that? But either way, you have already indicated that you are inclined to dismiss such evidence out of hand. Why bother?
Please identify what portion of that article (which I read) answers this question:

Quote:
Do you have any studies as to how many people say they choose to be gay vs. say they are born that way?

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote