cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 10-29-2008, 01:42 AM   #40
BarbaraGordon

BarbaraGordon is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by RedHeadGal View Post
BG: I wish I could speak to this with some authority. But I'm not part of any kind of organized Hillary group, and I'm not a member of the Democratic party, so I feel no need to protect the party unity. I will say, however, that I personally count myself as an Obama supporter with misgivings. It's been hard to adjust.

I also have to say that my initial reaction when I first heard McCain had chosen Palin, a woman, as his runningmate, I felt a surge of hope and thought for a moment I could be persuaded to give McCain another chance at my vote. Of course, I knew precious little about her at the time, and it didn't take me long to say "thanks but no thanks for that bridge to nowhere."
I had read up on her because I had heard rumblings that she was going to be the pick, and I was mortified. That's just me though. I tend toward the dramatic.

On Hillary supporters: I was having a discussion with some women today who think that the PUMA thing is mostly a ruse put together by internet troublemakers. And there's some evidence of that. On the other hand, polling still shows a significant number of post-Hillary-ers refusing to support Obama. So I don't know what to think.
BarbaraGordon is offline   Reply With Quote