cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-16-2008, 04:07 AM   #36
creekster

creekster is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by minn_stat View Post
I actually tend to agree with Seattle Ute on this one.

I recently took a new position in a new company. I was quite happy in my old position, but a former consultant who worked for me recommended that they contact me about the job, so I thought I could at least listen. In the end, I took the new job. It was only effectively about a 10% raise, but what pulled us in was 1) a shorter commute, and 2) better vacation benefits. In short, I'll be able to spend more time with my family. Our new home that we'll move into next month is only 3 miles from my work, so I'll spend 10 minutes a day commuting (or 30 minutes riding my bike), instead of the 2 hours I spent commuting to my old job. That adds up to about an extra 9 hours a week to be with my family (or post on Cougarguard).
Dude unless your commute is uphill in the alps both ways you better be able.to ride three miles in less than 30 minutes. I assure you that you can do it at LEAST twice that fast.