cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-30-2008, 08:05 AM   #11
SoonerCoug
Formerly known as MudPhudCoug

SoonerCoug is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oxcoug View Post
Pompous archeology profs who like to make declarative statements aside, saying there is no evidence for is not the same as saying there is any evidence "against."
Isn't that pretty much what I was saying?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MudphudCoug View Post
It's also difficult to 100% exclude the possibility of Jewish captivity in Egypt, but I think the evidence suggests that it's extremely unlikely to have occurred in the way the Bible says it occurred, if it occurred at all.

I didn't say there was evidence against it. But a complete lack of evidence for such a massive event does call the event into question. Lack of evidence is a very good reason to doubt something (and also a bad reason to completely exclude something). I won't exclude the exodus, but I don't see a reason to believe in it.

The only reason I would choose to believe in Moses is to make my fellow Mormons feel at ease with having me in sunday school.

Last edited by SoonerCoug; 05-30-2008 at 08:07 AM.
SoonerCoug is offline   Reply With Quote