cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 05-12-2008, 05:44 PM   #1
Zilog

Zilog is on a distinguished road
Default Tonga Ruled Ineligible

http://www.byucougars.com/Filing.jsp?ID=10790

I'm just a lurker on this site.. But thought I'd post this one..

Tonga Ruled Ineligible
by Jeff Reynolds, BYU Athletic Communications

PROVO, Utah (May 12, 2008) -- BYU head football coach Bronco Mendenhall today announced senior running back Manase Tonga has been ruled academically ineligible to compete during the 2008 season. Tonga has been suspended from the University and may re-apply for admission in October for Winter Semester, 2009. Tonga will redshirt the 2008 season.

"Not having Manase with us this coming season is disappointing and hurts our program; however, our program is designed so that the next player in line will step in and contribute at a high level," Mendenhall said. "I'm confident Manase will take the necessary steps to restore his eligibility and be able to return to the team next season."

The 6-foot, 238-pound native of San Mateo, Calif., saw action in 12 of the Cougars' 13 games last season and was credited with 88 carries for 305 yards and eight touchdowns.

Makes me wonder if So'oto might be switched to fullback.. I know he did it a few times last year.. Think Bronco would let him do offence and defence
Zilog is offline   Reply With Quote