cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-15-2008, 07:06 PM   #29
BYU71

BYU71 is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cali Coug View Post
How do you get that he thinks religion is a sham and only Obama has the answers from his quote? I seriously don't get it.

YOhio is right, I think, in that the harm from the statement comes from spin rather than actual intent or meaning. If you break down the statement, it is fairly accurate. It will be a big deal for a few days, maybe through the end of Pennsylvania's primary, but not much more than that. There is only so much to talk about with that statement.
Where did I say he thinks it is a "sham".

He said it is what they "cling" to.

What if I spoke about liberals as follows. Liberals "cling" to their Ivy League degrees to support their values and beliefs.

As opposed to saying. Liberals use the things they learned at Ivy Leagu colleges to base their beliefs and foundation for improving things on.

Get the difference. Cling is derogatory or condescending. I am not saying it is a sham, I am saying their belief system is not well founded.

Last edited by BYU71; 04-15-2008 at 07:13 PM.
BYU71 is offline   Reply With Quote