cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 07:21 PM   #11
SeattleUte

SeattleUte has a little shameless behaviour in the past

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Nobody is disputing what Adam stated or what even went on 160 years ago in the early LDS Church. I don't think your comment is germaine, however. As Adam has also stated most of the average Utahn's are woefully ignorant of LDS history. That is why Adam is the first. He, along with Mike Waters on the African descent and the priesthood issue, exist to lead the rest of us to the path of true knowledge of who we are and how we got here. Hence, it is stupid to conclude that the Utahn's agreeing with seperating the FLDS children from YFZ Ranch are doing so in an effort to excuse themselves of a past for which they are blissfully unaware. I don't think you are stupid as much as I think you hate yourself. The true cause of your hate is neither the fact that you are a Native Utahn nor the fact that your ancestors abused young girls, but rather that you willfully chose to disassociate yourself with God's true religion which they sacrificed so much to establish. Regardless, the covenants promised to your ancestors are true and despite you being an insufferable asshat, God will come and get you because of their faithfullness. I think Adam stated that once as well.
I guess Adam is like the Talmud here now. That must please him to no end.

Why don't you just take the straightest line to psychoanalyzing me. I'm one of the few (along with Waters and Adam and now a few chosen others who frequent here including yourself) who know the truth about the past and the present, and I don't like what I see. By the way, I follow a long tradition. Were your European ancestors who left their ancestral lands and changed religions "self-loathing." You're too smart to resort to this "self-loathing" triteness.

—Paul Auster
SeattleUte is offline   Reply With Quote