cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Basketball
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 04-10-2008, 05:02 PM   #9
DrumNFeather
Active LDS Ute Fan

DrumNFeather is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goatnapper'96 View Post
Trent is a great athlete, perhaps better in perception than reality because there is what one might call a paucity of athletic BYU big men. However, he isn't a great basketball player and his athleticism will be neutralized in the NBA by better athletes.

I want the guy to succeed as a pro and I think he will...just not in the NBA. My guess is that he knows that and will bolt to Europe to play pro. I bet he concludes that he is not NBA material and another year at BYU isn't going to get him any closer. However, he is ready for Europe now and since that is his future, no reason to stay another year at BYU. It won't make him any more money.
I just have to wonder if at some point someone got to him and convinced him that a year of NBA coaching would be better than another year of college coaching.

I've posted this question before to the number of Jazz fans we have on this board:

Would you rather have Fesenko (a project with a year in the NBDL) or a senior in college? (Plaisted, Padget, Nevill, Hansburough, whoever).

Even if Plaisted were to get drafted and sent to the NBDL, there has to be some thought that coaching at the next level would be better for him than what he is currently getting at BYU.
DrumNFeather is offline   Reply With Quote