cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Cycling
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 03-11-2008, 03:55 AM   #11
Tex

Tex is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Archaea View Post
Tex wrote:

It is about justice in our view as cyclists.

We really don't want vengeance, as nothing can bring back the dead. However, we want this sort of senseless killing to stop or to be reduced, and unless a public message, namely, even cops who kill cyclists will be prosecuted so watch out, your reluctance to join in, means the public prosecution serves the public best. Nothing will aid the families.

It is unimaginable how you can have ANY reluctance to prosecute under these circumstances. I can fathom NO benefit of not prosecuting in order to protect cyclists.

You're trying to argue mercy, but I wager you only feel this way, because he is a cop. If it were a campaign director for Hillary Clinton, you would have no reservations prosecuting. (Neither would I, that person would deserve double punishment).

Yes, you were sooooo magnanimous in acknowledging prosecution is possible, but you are afraid to prosecute anybody from government so you inject mercy when you wouldn't for others.

Cyclists need protection from these idiots and carelessness.
My opinion has nothing to do with whether he's a cop.

Quote:
Originally Posted by creekster View Post
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/articl...H7DF.DTL&tsp=1

THe guy apparently said he fell asleep. A few hours into his shift, patrolling in his car, he falls asleep. SO, Tex, is this criminal? Should it be prosecuted? Or do we just say "Hey, stuff happens, don't let the SOB's get you down"?

This whole thing makes me sick.
"Hey, stuff happens, don't let the SOB's get you down"?

You're right, creekster. No hyperbole there. Check back in with me when you're interested in an adult conversation. Otherwise, good night.

- Cali Coug

"Oh dear, granny, what a long tail our puss has got."

- Brigham Young
Tex is offline   Reply With Quote