cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Professional Sports
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-29-2008, 06:37 PM   #16
il Padrino Ute
Board Pinhead

il Padrino Ute is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by TripletDaddy View Post
The owner has a product that he wishes to sell. If the consumer does not want to buy it at the net cost of a few bucks per person, then no problem. Move to a market where you can sell your product.

You are saying that the public should receive the benefit of having a team for absolutely nothing. And your rational is that the guy is really rich already and can afford to pay for it himself. So, in this instance, you are ok with taking from the wealthy to allow the less wealthy to benefit.

I am a proponent of the free market, so if the team moves every few years, I don't really care.
I'm all for moving a team to a market where people will buy tickets to see that team play. I just think the owner should pay for his own building, rather than use public funds to pay for even a portion of the cost.

I work from my home; however, my family is getting to the point that I need to have a bigger house. Maybe I can convince the city of Murray to fund the building of a larger home for my family, so I can continue to work from my home. If not, I may have to find another city in Salt Lake County to build me a larger house and I will take my business there.

"This is now the joke that stupid people laugh at." - Christopher Hitchens on IQ jokes about GWB.
il Padrino Ute is offline   Reply With Quote