cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-22-2008, 02:51 PM   #11
Spaz

Spaz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeWaters View Post
feel to it, it seems, among the fans.

I think my point of view, shared by many others, is sinking in. Just because you are on satellite, doesn't mean that anyone watches you. What percent of DTV subscribers have the sports pack?

The deal is still a disaster. Just less of a disaster than when it didn't have a satellite deal.
This is bull (no offense).

-The channel will now be AVAILABLE. Meaning those who WANT to watch it CAN.
-It's not like people everywhere were clamoring to watch MWC sports when we were on ESPN.
-This SHOULD be FAR more accessible than MOST of the games would have been on ESPN, at least for non-regional folks.

I'm sure, had we stayed on ESPN, the football games would still have been picked up by KSL where possible. The basketball games, however, would have been on ESPNU or ESPN360. I don't know that I've even SEEN those channels anywhere.

Throw on top of that the fact that MOST of the games are on Saturdays, with a few on Thursday, and all at fairly reasonable times, and I can't see how ANYONE wouldn't be excited about the chance for the Mtn to be available nation-wide on a DirecTV Sports Package...
Spaz is offline   Reply With Quote