cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 02-04-2008, 03:07 PM   #1
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point
Default So is the majority opinion that the baseball player's bishop

deserves a pass?

I understand the nature of LDS culture to give the benefit of a doubt. And usually, I agree, but I can't fathom too many reasons why the EE was pulled, because the HC basically rules out the more difficult reasons, i.e., boozing it up or sleeping with a girlfriend.

Surfah has stated he could see the SP ignore evidence and just support the bishop. Obviously not an airtight case, but suggestive. I seem to remember the Kearl name but for what I know not.

Big Fat Meanie speculated on grounds and none of them really motivated me to want to pull an EE. Somebody, I don't care to research it, stated the bishop had told the baseball team's coach to have players be more active. It sounds like the bishop was an attendance NAZI and his pulling the EE, while within his authority, seems out of line.

To me, this just reeks of abuse of power. Didn't anybody ever have those professors that disliked the jocks? We had those who liked them, but I had those who would do everything to screw them as well. I imagine we can have bishops do that. I suppose I must be so heterdox that it bothers me and nobody else. Hey, and I did attend Church even though ours started at 1:00 PM, so it's not as if I'm advocating people making Church optional.