cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Religion
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-14-2007, 01:06 AM   #9
All-American

All-American is an unknown quantity at this point
Send a message via MSN to All-American

Quote:
Originally Posted by SeattleUte View Post
I honestly believe FARMS is a dastardly organization that deliberately purveys lies. They are the propaganda arm of the LDS Church and they have about as much integrity as Joseph Goebbels. Their stuff on ancient America is just as bad.
THE propaganda arm? That's an awfully sweeping statement.

And regarding the previous quote: it states my point, essentially. Christianity, as first established, held important principles and ideas from both its Judaic and Greek roots; what we refer to as the apostasy is what happened when those ideas and principles died out. The point that I disagree with is the idea that Greek ideas won out altogether. The latest scholars will show that the so-called "Judiazers" had just as much to do with corrupting Christianity, especially in the beginning.

Nor should you use one man's work to represent how FARMS people work; nor should you use FARMS to represent the church.