cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > SPORTS! > Football
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-11-2007, 05:10 PM   #1
Solon

Solon is on a distinguished road
Default All this talk about "class"

All this talk about "class" makes we want to puke.

Quote:
The strong do what they will. The weak suffer what they must. (Thucydides 5.89.1)
If KW wants to rub Wyo.'s dick in the dirt, that's his decision. He's the head coach. It's his team. It's not like he was playing a Div. II cupcake. It's not Pop Warner or even High School (and yes, there's a difference at these levels).

Karma will probably catch up to him someday and someday Wyo. will have its revenge but, for now, he's the ass-kicking sheriff in town. He didn't cheat. He pressed his advantage and showed a little nasty. If someone has a problem with that, don't whine about "class." Strap it up and beat his team.

The knock on these KW teams has been that they've let up on opponents (see: Louisville '07). Not this time. I liked the killer instinct I saw on Saturday. I think it's a big step forward for KW - he's shedding some of that "nice guy" image.

In 1968, Woody Hayes' Ohio State team scored a late touchdown while leading Michigan comfortably. Hayes went for a two-point conversion. After the game, when asked why he had elected to go for two, he said, "Because I couldn't go for three."

That's the attitude I want in the guy coaching my favorite team.