cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board  

Go Back   cougarguard.com — unofficial BYU Cougars / LDS sports, football, basketball forum and message board > non-Sports > Politics
Register FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11-09-2007, 03:41 PM   #35
Archaea
Assistant to the Regional Manager

Archaea is an unknown quantity at this point

Quote:
Originally Posted by il Padrino Ute View Post
It's not even close.

Bush is a disaster, but Carter gave us double digit inflation (with the help of a Democrat controlled Congress), an energy crisis that actually affected people (long lines because some gas stations didn't have any gas) and SALT II. And there were no terrorists attacks during his term, let alone the first 10 months of that term, nor were there political opponents nearly as vicious as those Bush has to deal with and no cable news. Had there been as many media outlets then, Carter would have felt the wrath that Bush feels (and Bush deserves it all).

I will give Carter credit in that he opened the door for Reagan.
Carter, LBJ whom most know nothing of, and Kennedy was also plummeting at the time of his death. He's popular now, but he barely one election and his popularity was not good due to a number of unpopular decisions.

Clinton had some popularity but many of his policies were divisive.

I forget about Ike, but other than the slogan "I like Ike", I can't remember much.

I'd say, Carter, LBJ and then Bush. People forget what a mess LBJ created in Vietnam. Nixon was a lousy economic president but remember him fondly for opening up China.